Ameristar Casinos - Exciting job, lots of interesting people both internally and externally but...I could never support my family alone. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ameristar Casinos

"Exciting job, lots of interesting people both internally and externally but...I could never support my family alone."

Former Employee - Valet in Saint Charles, MO
Former Employee - Valet in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of fun. Like I said it was an exciting and fast paced environment to work in. Met many people I would never have had the chance to working as a limo driver.

Cons

I worked there almost 7 years and even won a team member of the year award but I could never get into a position that provided enough for me to support my small family of 4.

Advice to Management

Take the time to consider your existing human capital so they have a chance to advance to a career instead of a pyramid of mid grade managers

Other Employee Reviews for Ameristar Casinos

1. "Don't work here unless you are desperate"

Former Employee - Sous Chef in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sous Chef in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Ameristar Casinos part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a stable job when I first moved to Kansas City. The pay was not bad and the employees were friendly and fun to work with.

Cons

Terrible customers who are very rude. The worst I've experienced really. A lot of angry customers with drinking,drug and gambling problems who are abusive towards staff. Management does little about this and does not respect its employees. Management makes their employees wait on drunk obnoxious belligerent people on a regular basis because they put their money in a slot machine so that makes it ok. A joke of an environment really. If you want to make any money you must work nights and weekends so don't expect to have any sort of a life while working here. Rigid/impossible points system is practiced unless you are Vietnamese or Haitian. Luckily I found another job after a year and quit. I'm so glad.

Advice to Management

Do something about the drunk/abusive customers instead of ignoring it.

2. "Terrible Work Environment"

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer

I have been working at Ameristar Casinos part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only positive thing about this place is the pay. You can't make $20 an hour anywhere else for entertaining crabby mean people.

Cons

There is Sexual Harassment in the work place, crabby employees, crabby guests, supervisors are not smart, don't care about employees only are about the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Start looking at the big picture, not at the little details