Amherst-Pelham Regional School District - Working at Amherst Regional High School allowed me to collaborate with thoughtful, caring professionals. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amherst-Pelham Regional School District

"Working at Amherst Regional High School allowed me to collaborate with thoughtful, caring professionals."

Former Contractor - Teacher in Amherst Center, MA
Former Contractor - Teacher in Amherst Center, MA

I worked at Amherst-Pelham Regional School District as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The school has a strong culture of thoughtful interaction and work hard to develop programs in the thoughtful way. The administrators are open and honest and make a concerted effort to provide students and teachers with the support that they need. The school has a very diverse academic program and work hard to reach all students.

Cons

Like many districts, Amherst is having budgetary problems. One major factor in Amherst is a shrinking student population. This has led to tension between the district union's and the school board. During the last school year teachers were denied their contractual step-raises. The parents in the district, who are highly educated and often work for one of the universities, can be challenging to work with and can undermine your efforts in the classroom.

Advice to Management

I hope that the school board takes a more cooperative tone in negotiations with the teachers and staff. They have some of the best teachers, administrators, and support staff that I have ever worked with, and it would be a shame to destroy the culture of collaboration around levels into reach certain goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Amherst-Pelham Regional School District

1. "Positive experience"

Former Employee - Teacher in Amherst, MA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Amherst, MA

I worked at Amherst-Pelham Regional School District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Overall a very positive place to work. There was a great amount of teamwork, at least in my department. All around people were helpful and supportive of each other.

Cons

The administration was friendly as well, but there were sometimes clashing between admin and teachers. There were a lot of big changes this year so of course that had something to do with it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teachers!

2. "Amherst Regional School Experience"

Pros

Great students, accommodating faculty, and overall positive experience

Cons

none; however, I was only there for a short period of time.