Cover image for Amp Exposure

Former Employee, less than 1 year

AVOID IF ALL POSSIBLE

Feb 14, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a job regardless of how short it was. If you are college graduate who majored in theater, marketing, or business and are very good at sales, then this may be the ideal job for you. If now, AVOID AT ALL COST.

Cons

You will be expected to work between 40 to 50 hours with 8 hours of class every week meaning that you you will spend a total of 12 hours a day at this job. You will be up at 5:00A.M. in the morning to get read to go to work and beat the Orlando traffic to make it at the home office for your mandatory 8:00A.M. business class in professional business dress attire but will be expected to meet with your colleagues by 7:00A.M. coffee at Starbucks for coffee. You must be at your sales site between 10:00A.M. and check in to listen to your online sales business meeting either by the time you reach your destination that could be up to an hour away or sign on once you reach your destination. You also have to set up your display table, make sure you have everything you need, do your call in, take photos, and run around running sales like a maniac, all while wearing business clothes at which if you need to change, you must do so either in your car or a public bathroom. You are expected to work all the way to 8:00P.M. or later all while NEVER GETTING TO TAKE A LUNCH BREAK. The company will tell you that you will get 4x 15 minute breaks which are all a lie because they want you to push sales a hard as you can. Once you are burnt out and have not more in you at the end of the day, you pretty much eat dinner and go straight to bed as you have no energy left only to get up 6 hours later to do it all over again. Also, you get 1 to NO days off per week. You are also doing this for ONLY $10.00 per hour though the promise you over time of ANY work done after an 8 hour shift or after working 40 hours a week but this company will NEVER pay you overtime. As for the classes, they are meant to give you false hope only to keep you making sales until you cannot take the job any more in which you are let go or quit and a much fresh young college graduate with lots of energy takes your place until the same happens to them. You have been warned.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Best job, best people, best experience

Dec 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Such a positive work environment! The team is really built around making sure you succeed. Personal and professional development is really high on the list of priorities and this job will make you a better person overall.

Cons

It is not for the faint of heart. You will be surrounded by people devoted to making themselves better everyday, and as they say you are whom you hang out with. If you have no interest in finding your highest potential then this opportunity really isn’t for you.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunity driven

Mar 8, 2017 - Event Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

First coming in I didn't really know what to expect. Once I started seeing the positivity around me and my fellow coworkers being promoted, I decided it's time to really hop on board with it! Working at Amp has been the best decision of my life. It's astounding to me how many people can have the same opportunity that I do, which is to be in an executive position in the next few months. There is no limit for growth which is motivating to me, because I am career driven and I like to rise to the top. I love how I can reach out to my team members for anything and I know they'll be there. Coming from other work environments where that is not the case, this office is a breath of fresh air. It's crazy to me how fast paced this program is, and how someone can go from entry level to management in less than a year! My coworkers have turned into business partners, and my manager has turn into a lifetime mentor!

Cons

That being said, it is hard work. It's nothing that's impossible, but nothing amazing comes easy! If I would have realized that coming in my first day, I would be a lot farther ahead! Having a strong mentality will push you through the program.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Amp Exposure.

Amp Exposure Photos