Amplify Credit Union - Love it! | Glassdoor

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I've worked in high tech, hospitality, and government in organizations from 50 to 1400 people, so I've had a fairly good taste of what the work world is like. Amplify has been my favorite place to work so far. I've been here a little over 5 years. The things I like about Amplify are:
-Generally really great people to work with;
-Sr. management team that I would trust with my life - they are truly caring and ethical people;
-Working for a not-for-profit where the mission is to make our members successful (not Wallstreet or outside shareholders);
-The ability to speak my mind to anyone (respectfully, of course!);
-The willingness of the organization as a whole to listen to other people's ideas and suggestions;
-Our CEO's random acts of singing in the hallways;
-PENSION PLAN (fully funded by Amplify - government pension plan can't compete!)
-401(k) matching;
-Time off to volunteer in the community in addition to my regular PTO;
-The willingness to use technology to address efficiency issues;
-Openness to allow people to try new things, like observing the work that other departments do to see if another area of the CU might be a next career step....

I could go on and on. My husband works for a high tech company and when I tell him about my work, he is almost envious.

Cons

The downside of working at Amplify, for me, is accepting the fact that some people I work with are so damaged from working at other places that they will never stop being paranoid or mistrustful and will always assume the worst about anyone in a position of management. Our managers aren't perfect and they mess up just like the rest of us. I think you have to extend some trust in order to get some trust. I also know that when our management team makes mistakes, they are held accountable for it, and I think the execs have gotten much better about making sure people are doing the right things for the right reasons.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing. There have been missteps, but I do recognize the effort it takes to keep 180+ people pointed in the right direction and pulling together.

Other Employee Reviews for Amplify Credit Union

"Disappointing cronyism and lack of accountability"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Amplify Federal Credit Union is located in Austin, TX and is very much a part of the "Austin Scene". The facilities are relative new and comfortable.

Cons

There are really too many to list. This is a pseudo-sorority impersonating a business and the petty gossip and back-biting is overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Worry more about the bottom line and effective job performance and less about who is your buddy. Apply all policies evenly at all levels of management.

"The changing landscape"

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union full-time

Pros

Small enough to still feel like family with some talented and hard working folks.

Cons

Credit Unions seem to becoming more and more like a commercial bank. Limited opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Department communication is inconsistent or lacking between departments

Amplify Credit Union Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review as a current team member, so that hopefully we can address your concerns. Since 2012, we have consistently awarded promotions to 20+ employees ... More