Amplify Credit Union - Love it! | Glassdoor

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I've worked in high tech, hospitality, and government in organizations from 50 to 1400 people, so I've had a fairly good taste of what the work world is like. Amplify has been my favorite place to work so far. I've been here a little over 5 years. The things I like about Amplify are:
-Generally really great people to work with;
-Sr. management team that I would trust with my life - they are truly caring and ethical people;
-Working for a not-for-profit where the mission is to make our members successful (not Wallstreet or outside shareholders);
-The ability to speak my mind to anyone (respectfully, of course!);
-The willingness of the organization as a whole to listen to other people's ideas and suggestions;
-Our CEO's random acts of singing in the hallways;
-PENSION PLAN (fully funded by Amplify - government pension plan can't compete!)
-401(k) matching;
-Time off to volunteer in the community in addition to my regular PTO;
-The willingness to use technology to address efficiency issues;
-Openness to allow people to try new things, like observing the work that other departments do to see if another area of the CU might be a next career step....

I could go on and on. My husband works for a high tech company and when I tell him about my work, he is almost envious.

Cons

The downside of working at Amplify, for me, is accepting the fact that some people I work with are so damaged from working at other places that they will never stop being paranoid or mistrustful and will always assume the worst about anyone in a position of management. Our managers aren't perfect and they mess up just like the rest of us. I think you have to extend some trust in order to get some trust. I also know that when our management team makes mistakes, they are held accountable for it, and I think the execs have gotten much better about making sure people are doing the right things for the right reasons.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing. There have been missteps, but I do recognize the effort it takes to keep 180+ people pointed in the right direction and pulling together.

Other Employee Reviews for Amplify Credit Union

"Disappointing cronyism and lack of accountability"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Amplify Federal Credit Union is located in Austin, TX and is very much a part of the "Austin Scene". The facilities are relative new and comfortable.

Cons

There are really too many to list. This is a pseudo-sorority impersonating a business and the petty gossip and back-biting is overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Worry more about the bottom line and effective job performance and less about who is your buddy. Apply all policies evenly at all levels of management.

2. "It keeps getting better!"

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union full-time

Pros

Amplify has grown tremendously over the past 6 years. The amount of progress and change we have seen is mind boggling. It is exciting to see us progress and adapt and stay in line or ahead of the competition ( which includes banks that have deeper pockets than a member owned cooperative). There are some inspiring and extremely talented leaders in our little credit union that facilitate personal and professional growth everyday for those who thrive on that sort of thing . One thing that often gets taken for granted is the camaraderie and teamwork we experience working at Amplify. It is well above average compared to where we used to be, and compared to other organizations. Our mission is noble, and Management has done a good job of ensuring it remains the main premise to follow in all decision making. It is the reason many of us have chosen to work here rather than somewhere else.

Cons

Salary reviews happen regularly, but contrary to what we seem to use as a guideline, we are not in line with the competition. Our incentive program could be one of the culprits. The potential to make a certain figure annually needs to be more realistic. What we offer (and they think they can make) seems to always fall way short, even for high producers, leaving employees feeling like they were misled or did not perform well despite their hard work and accolades received. This is very common in the banking industry. Can we come up with something radically different?, better? This might go a long way to attract great talent.

Advice to Management

I hope we continue to keep one thing the same; staying committed to improving and enhancing the lives of our employees as well as our members.