Amplify Credit Union - If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amplify Credit Union

"If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amplify Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The title says it all. I love AMPLIFY. I have been a member for 15+ years and with the credit union for almost 5 years total. AMPLIFY is a great place to work because of the PEOPLE you get to work with. This is a company that truly cares about its employees and treats them like real people not just a "company asset". Good Benefits in an age where benefits have gone by the wayside in the financial industry.
 AMPLIFY is truly member focused and each employee is empowered to be an advocate for our members. Furthermore, employees are ENCOURAGED to go above and beyond in service to our members. The ability to say "YES! I can do that for you" is wonderful.

Cons

Eliminating redundant positions/tasks is a necessary part of business. However, caution must be applied to make sure that the workload on individuals does not exceed more than one person can do. Regular reviews of workloads would help improve processes and improve employee morale.

Advice to Management

Continue to say thank you to your employees. It means so very much.

Other Employee Reviews for Amplify Credit Union

"Upper Management Serves Up Zero-Tolerance, Profit-Driven Environment"

Former Employee - Account Management Professional in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Management Professional in Austin, TX

I worked at Amplify Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The products and services that the credit union offers and the service level of the staff.

Cons

When new management took the reins of the credit union in 2011, the mentality changed. Gone were the days of your local credit union doing all in can to serve it's membership and welcome to the corporate banking world of hidden fees and zero tolerance for employees. The accelerated process of credit union loans being sold to the banking industry strikes great fear in the hearts of longtime members. Turnover is outrageous and on the current path, expect either a corporitized bank dressed up as a local credit union or total failure and decline in production due to new management, new practices, and very low employee moral.

Advice to Management

Practice the culture that a credit union embodies, even if giving back takes a little more from your pockets.

"Amplify is part of my family"

Current Employee - Payments and Operations Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Payments and Operations Specialist in Austin, TX

Pros

good benefits such as health insurance, personal time off, matching of 401 k contributions by 3%, management truly cares about their employees

Cons

the hours that I work are not desirable. Better training is needed when taking on new processes.

Advice to Management

I think that there needs to be careful considerations when making changes to processes within the credit union. Don't just look at the money a change in process may save the credit union, be sure the product you are switching to actually does what the representative says it will do.