Ampush - Less than ideal experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ampush

"Less than ideal experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ampush full-time

Pros

I worked with some really cool people. Our team cared about each other and embodied the company value 'win as a team'

Cons

The hours can be very long and the stress levels are high, depending on which department you work in. Management was completely abysmal. There was zero mentorship, few learning opportunities, and ineffective feedback channels. Career opportunities in the company are opaque. Promotions felt very political. Many people are unhappy.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. You hire extremely intelligent people and fail to nurture their happiness and talents. Do not sell people the startup dream if career progression is as slow as it is. Hire more women.

Other Employee Reviews for Ampush

"Great Atmosphere, Promising Company"

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ampush as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership, smart people, fun atmosphere, good work-life balance, great outlook

Cons

Like any fast growing start up, Ampush has experienced a few growing pains but the future is very promising.

"Great learning experience"

I worked at Ampush full-time

Pros

Ampush is an incredible place to start your career. The level of autonomy allowed for new grads is very rare, and you will quickly become an expert in a growing field. Ampush hires very smart people, and I truly enjoyed my coworkers as colleagues and friends. Client list is interesting, and there is definitely a lot to learn in our key verticals. Company values are strong, if not always kept in mind, Ampush has a very bootstrapped, scrappy vibe, which you'll either appreciate or find endlessly draining. Ultimately, if you aggressively self-advocate and do good work, you'll be challenged, recognized, and given real opportunity.

Cons

Work life balance can be pretty terrible, especially when you're first starting out. The company has shifted strategies many times, which leaves junior people scrambling to find solutions. Our branding as 24/7, white-glove service leads to very unreasonable requests from partners.

Issues with career-pathing (especially at middle management levels) and diversity have been pointed out for a very long time with little improvement.

Executives have a high level vision, but often lose sight of the issues facing their employees and general company morale.

Ampush still has a major lack of management, which can be felt at every layer of the company.

Advice to Management

Don't get so distracted by new business models, investments, etc, that you lose sight of those cranking on the core business. Take employee feedback seriously (even when it is hard to hear) and show real action on making changes.