Amway - Working at Amway was an awesome experience! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amway

"Working at Amway was an awesome experience!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Ada, MI
Former Employee - Project Manager in Ada, MI

I worked at Amway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The manager I worked for was terrific.
I was able to manage many different projects.
The company was open to process improvements.

Cons

I was only able to stay 18 months as a contractor.
Some of the processes changed frequently, making it difficult to retain them.

Advice to Management

Extend the 18 month duration.

Other Employee Reviews for Amway

1. "Personal Growth Company"

Current Employee - IBO in Fort Hood, TX
    Current Employee - IBO in Fort Hood, TX

I have been working at Amway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because this company is network marketing, them and other companies advise you to read personal development books, that many school, and jobs will not have. The missing link most people do not into hand is that Amway is a vehicle to develop you into a Big Business leader, that is a different animal than small business. The R@D is great, the products are quality and high end, and for all that goes into them to me they are fair priced. The company is not public, therefore most leadership will not often change. They owe no debt, they are also i n many countries. On the commutation side, they invested millions on main stream ads: Miss America some years, NY Fashion Week, InStyle Magazine, ect. On the legal: they hold many patients infact easily somewhere between 1000 to 7000. They also hold contract with Partner stores for example: Paul Fredrick, Sears and more. The company is also apart of BBB and DSA. Cashflow is the independent sellers around the world, as well as owning a hotel in MI and the Orlando Magic.

Cons

If you are use to being an employee and or small business person, the learning curve might be great for u, this is one reason the Amway business, and or network marketing business as a whole by many is viewed. For many the Robert Kiyoski books might be your only way to see the value of the business, as a lot of people quite dude to lack of financial education, wanting to get money fast and so on.

Advice to Management

I am in the postion of learning to find the right people for this world. You have to allow your self to see what type of people this business is for, are they teachable, and be the gate keeper to info to them from the top of the company on down. I am an IBO, and you have to also check your leadership style and see who is for u.

2. "My time at Amway was both challenging and rewarding"

I worked at Amway full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global opportunities, travel opportunities, great facility to work in, tremendous benefits and facilities for health and wellness as well as product discounts.

Cons

The company has made a switch from focusing on having the best and brightest senior level employees to bringing in only associate level people, probably to save cost. In my opinion, this is leading to a severe decline in the overall talent of the work force.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the best and brightest talent you have, give them lots of opportunity to grow and expand their career so they don't leave the company to find those opportunities. It's a shame to train people to then have them take that talent and knowledge to another company.