Analysts International - Generally positive, although office politics and lack of clear management vision created challenges in staying motivated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Analysts International

"Generally positive, although office politics and lack of clear management vision created challenges in staying motivated"

Former Employee - Director, Operations in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Director, Operations in Englewood, CO

Pros

The people were generally nice and tried to be professional. Salary and benefits seemed to be competitive compared to similar companies in the industry.

Cons

Office politics created a toxic environment. Upper management seemed ineffective and lacked vision. They seemed very "reactive" and were more into following the industry leaders, rather than trying to blaze their own trail.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and try to create more opportunities for them to be successful. Try to do more to promote from within.

Other Employee Reviews for Analysts International

1. "Professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

Better teamwork with your colleagues
    Better employee relations if you’re a manager

Cons

401 K contribution is very less

"Company Took Away All Banked Vacation"

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

The colleagues that I work with are some of the best in the industry. I even appreciate the way that my immediate supervisor treats the employees. My biggest concern is the people at the highest levels of the company.

Cons

As a consultant, we learn that it's important to our company to be billing rather than taking time off. Normally a consulting company rewards employees who stay on contract rather than using up stored vacation time. In the past that is how the company treated it's consultants. But now in some misguided effort to "transition to profitability" the company decided to wipe the slate clean on all employees vacation balances. Some consultants have worked (billed) for several years without taking any vacation. Some consultants were saving up vacation to take an overseas trip, or honeymoon. In return for their service to the company, the company decided to wipe out all saved vacation. It may sound like sour grapes, and perhaps it is, but how often do we hear the phrase "our employees are our greatest asset." Not how you treat a valuable asset. And I cannot see how that would help profitability, since consultants will be more inclined to take vacation ASAP rather than stay on project and bill.

Regardless of what happened to me, the morale at the company turned 180 degrees when this happened. I am fearful that the great people that I currently work with will leave and I could not in good faith recommend that anyone take a new position at the company knowing that the company will change HR rules at any time.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management is find someone who has run a consulting company in the past and replace yourself with that person.