Analytical Environmental Services - Great Place to work with advancement opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Analytical Environmental Services

"Great Place to work with advancement opportunities"

Former Employee - Environmental Analyst II in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Environmental Analyst II in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because the company is relatively small there is a high degree of flexibility. Plenty of work to keep you busy and opportunities to have a broad exposure to the industry. Generally company is quite considerate about giving vacation time and supporting the employees. Good work life balance. Good reputation within the Environmental consulting world.

Cons

None really. I am very pleased with my experience and my past employment at AES

Other Employee Reviews for Analytical Environmental Services

"A ton of experience with CEQA/NEPA, but the compensation is low."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

This is a relatively small company, which allows for the employees to get hands-on experience with a ton of different aspects of CEQA/NEPA document preparation and analysis.

Cons

Nearly no promotion from within. Almost no training is offered; you have to be able to hit the ground running and figure it out as you go. Relatively low compensation offered compared with the amount of work you are expected to take on. Extremely quiet office. Very rare that senior management acknowledges/compliments employees for work effort.

Advice to Management

Let your employees know you care about them. Start complimenting them on their hard work.

2. "Pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Analytical Environmental Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looking through the other reviews for AES, the comments seem to be split between those who "love" the company and those who can't stand it. This strikes me as a rather funky sample of those who work (or have worked) at the company, but I guess that is the norm these days for online reviews. From my perspective, I would say that the company is a good fit for a motivated person who wants to learn and progress in their careers. This is not a great place for someone wants to chill-out for long periods around the water cooler and coast towards the end of each day. AES is also an environment where you can learn from pretty smart people. Some of the projects are relatively complex, so I feel better knowing that the company has very competent staff members and project managers. Also, to me at least the physical work environment is great, almost beautiful (but that is probably over the top). I have worked for big prestigious companies that often had rather dumpy or overly cramped physical environments. I find the AES office to be a physically pleasant space to work.

Cons

Communication between professionals is sometimes rather cryptic and less than clear. Because projects often progress at a rapid pace, if you work at AES, make sure you insert yourself into the information loop so you know the latest status of each project. Also, the company has some fun corporate events that occur outside of the office. The annual Holiday Party is really fun! But right now, there are about 3 formal company events a year (besides what the staff organizes on their own, such as intermural kickball). It would be nice to have one more event each year. Finally, the company does not have a formal mentoring program. Part of this is because the company isn't super big. But you will need to expend some effort on your own to develop professional relationships within the company.

Advice to Management

See above "cons"