Analytical Mechanics Associates - Great pay and benefits, courteous and professional management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Analytical Mechanics Associates

"Great pay and benefits, courteous and professional management"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Hampton, VA
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Hampton, VA

I worked at Analytical Mechanics Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits, well run company, awesome to work at NASA

Cons

I'm putting more words under cons but in fact the pros outweigh the cons.

Job security if your NASA customer is not happy. My job at NASA was inspiring to me but job duties are narrowly defined with little opportunity for finding creative solutions in a team environment and little in the way of simultaneous engineering across functions; some NASA rules reduce efficiency. Mostly one customer, NASA contracts (but they are working and succeeding in getting other business)

Other Employee Reviews for Analytical Mechanics Associates

"Company cares about employees"

Current Employee - Programmer IV in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Programmer IV in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Analytical Mechanics Associates full-time

Pros

When task ends they try to keep you employed my moving you to other task. Benefits great and they try to work with employees for personal problems that require time off.

Cons

Typical government contract structure which requires multiple reports .

2. "The best company to work for in Hampton Roads"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Hampton, VA

Pros

AMA has some of the best corporate values that you can find in the Hampton Roads area. As a professional senior software engineer, I have some core values regarding aspects such as the usage of cutting-edge technology, personal growth, workplace diversity, and the ethical practice of software discipline. Folks at AMA adhere to most of these principles. I feel entirely committed to my position because my employer shares most of my values. Please visit the company’s mission statement and history on its website in order to gain an understanding of its values. Those are not just words, people here at AMA actually make every effort to practice the mission statement. If you are being interviewed, please do not hesitate to ask the hiring manager what he or she feels are the company’s most important values and accomplishments.

The company has great reputation, and many of the clients of companies involved in software and engineering activities are related to NASA Langley. If you are being interviewed, please do not hesitate to research the company’s business reputation in trade publications and news articles, as well as online via social media. You'll find positive comments from almost all of the serious people.

As far as the management/leadership style is concern, your direct supervisor will be very helpful in every aspect of work. I don't have enough words to praise the work environment at AMA. Career advancement is provided with training and development programs the AMA offers. I find the culture here to be flexible enough for any professional who values work-life balance.

Cons

Not experienced any problem to date.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work you've been doing for the past many years!