Ancestry - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ancestry

"Great company to work for!"

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Provo, UT
Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Provo, UT

I have been working at Ancestry as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I am just an intern but I think this is a wonderful place to have a career. The environment is great and everyone is easy to get a long with. They take good care of you!

Cons

Sometimes they seem a little too liberal with the vacation policy which results in people not being in the office when you need them but other than that I don't have any complaints!

Other Employee Reviews for Ancestry

1. "Love, love, love working for Ancestry.com"

I have been working at Ancestry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun and rewarding work, enjoyable working environment.
    I have never worked for a place quite like Ancestry. I enjoy the work I do here, feel appreciated and rewarded for the effort I make day to day.

Cons

For me, there are no cons.

"It's a job"

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Associate

I worked at Ancestry full-time

Pros

It's a very easy job. You do the basics and you are recognized (not promoted or receive a pay increase). You do get experience working in customer support that looks good on a resume. Give you free software and access to all the websites which is a plus if you are interested in doing your own family history. The guys who work over in RMA are awesome.

Cons

Since it is so easy, it gets boring quickly. The clients are often computer/technology illiterate and it can be extremely frustrating to work with them over the phone (you would think clearing the cache and cookies was brain surgery). Very little opportunity for growth and promotion. There were people who had been in the call center for the better part of the decade in the same position or just one level up. Main reasons why I was yelled at on the phone: Products can be buggy at times, terms and conditions are very absolute but easily misunderstood, and Archives.com is just a terrible site.

Also just look through the other reviews. Notice the only ones who rate the company high is upper management.

Advice to Management

1) Have some direction. The CEO came to visit and blatantly said, "What we are doing is working and we hope to keep doing this for the next five to seven years." As he was further asked questions his number one response was "stay the course."
    2) CSAs are treated like a number and management doesn't try to hide it. Each manager meeting is full of stats that show very little how good of an employee you are. We felt that the upper levels over at corporate purposely distanced themselves from the call center.