Andersen Tax - Great Place to Learn | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Experienced Senior Tax Associate in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Experienced Senior Tax Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Andersen Tax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Place to learn, unlike the Big 4 you get to start working on meaningful work from day 1. You learn to do Tax returns from start to finish and not just one part of a return.

Cons

Management is still stuck in Arthur Andersen mentality.

Advice to Management

Better lines of communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Andersen Tax

1. "My experience at WTAS was great, although I'm not sure that Tax is the right career choice for me."

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Andersen Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WTAS has a lot of growth potential and there is plenty of room for upper level management. They are adding 2-3 new offices each year and have never denied an employee a promotion for lack of space

Cons

I don't have any cons to add here, I just want to reach the 20 word minimum that you require for Glassdoor.

"Bottom of the Barrel"

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Andersen Tax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Decent work experience, job sounds important so it can help you move around to other/better firms

Cons

-Awful management, dreadfully long hours.
    - At WTAS you are told to do as much work as possible during the non busy seasons so that your busy seasons are easier but this is a complete lie. If you finish your work during busy season your reward is just more work, you will be asked to pick up someone else's work even if it is midnight and you have been at work since 8am.
    - The compensation is a joke. You don't even get a raise for getting promoted, the bonus for 700+ hrs of over time amounts to $2 an hr after taxes. Newbies who have been with the firm for a yr and under have it even better, they get no bonus but still work just as much.
    - Attorneys get paid 25k more than anyone else starting regardless of title or tenure. An associate attorney makes as much as a non-attorney who is a senior manager.
    - Absolutely no motivation to work hard as it goes unrecognized and unappreciated unless you enjoy constant handshakes and pats on the back or the awesome, "great job!!!", but hey "we can't pay you more".

Advice to Management

In any job there should either be a good work/life balance or a high salary to compensate for working crazy hours, here you get neither. So my advice to management is either start paying better or stop making people work slave hours. Ridiculously high turnover here.