Andersen Tax - RUN don't just walk away from this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Andersen Tax

"RUN don't just walk away from this company"

Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Andersen Tax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of one other than end of busy season parties where there is an open bar.

Cons

I've worked in corporate environments my entire life and never have I had to deal with such a massive group of vile people!

Work load is horrifying and you're expected to carry the load of 4 regular employees. I worked there over a year and can count on my two hands how many times I had a chance to take a lunch. Sure I could take a lunch if I wanted but that would mean spending my evenings in the office (no thanks!).

Management was a complete joke. When your manager is never in the office to truly guide you, what's the point of them being around at all? My title quickly turned into getting work done so management could claim it as their own.

Company - There is no corporate culture. When a company rises from the tainted ashes of Arthur Anderson, what more is there to be expected? I truly hope they shape up and see how miserable they're making their employees

Advice to Management

Most of your employees don't truly understand that when they "work form home" they should actually be WORKING. There needs to be a better structure in place.

Other Employee Reviews for Andersen Tax

1. "Great Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Experienced Senior Tax Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Experienced Senior Tax Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Andersen Tax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Place to learn, unlike the Big 4 you get to start working on meaningful work from day 1. You learn to do Tax returns from start to finish and not just one part of a return.

Cons

Management is still stuck in Arthur Andersen mentality.

Advice to Management

Better lines of communication.

2. "My experience at WTAS was great, although I'm not sure that Tax is the right career choice for me."

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Andersen Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WTAS has a lot of growth potential and there is plenty of room for upper level management. They are adding 2-3 new offices each year and have never denied an employee a promotion for lack of space

Cons

I don't have any cons to add here, I just want to reach the 20 word minimum that you require for Glassdoor.