Anderson Merchandisers - UGH | Glassdoor

"UGH"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place for stating out as a merchandiser. WAS the best job I ever had as far as pay and working independently.

Cons

Too much to do in 40 hours. Chinese overtime is the pits. Anything you work over is less than minimum wage because it is considered an EXEMPT position. Communication is horrible. STAY AWAY!!!

Advice to Management

Call a conference call with ramdom reps so you know what is going on in the field. WE HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RAISE IN 4 YEARS!!! What gives??? You hired all these new part-timers and iTunes people. That $ is coming from somewhere. Get on the ball or all of your good people are going to walk.

Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

"Company Review"

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Inver Grove Heights, MN

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is not over bearing, allows independent work.

Cons

Too many channels of communication to check

"Was great at the beginning, but saw the light towards the end."

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowance of independent work basically no managers watching over your shoulder.
    Simple tasks.

Cons

Hours slowed down dramatically after the holiday period.
    They expect a full days work to be done in a 4 hour or less time span by a single employee.
    Promises from interview were never fulfilled.
    STRESSFUL if you don't have the hours to do the work.

Advice to Management

I was one of the first Retail Media Merchandisers for best buy after their launch, they made WAY too many promises at the interview and never fulfilled them. One, they said after 3 months there was going to be a .50 cent raise, but come 3 months after they said that they were not going to do that anymore. I was also promised full time after my first couple of weeks, they end up telling me i had to wait until after the holiday period... waited and nothing. I worked as hard as the supervisors at any store and was praised repeatedly for my hard work. YET, come January my hours were reduced to 10 hours a week, which was unacceptable on their part. I mentioned to my department supervisor numerous times about my promotion and full time hours and blatantly told me no. They even had me come in for 2 hours one day to set up for the Breaking Dawn release, by myself, on top of that they said I would get penalized and written up if I went over my hours. Total BS. I had it with this job, I found a better job and basically stopped going. They showed me no respect, so I didn't give them the satisfaction of a 2 weeks notice.

Word of advice to others, do not work here, it might seem nice at the beginning but if you need a stable job and you have bills to pay, try going somewhere else.