Anderson Merchandisers - Over-worked | Glassdoor

"Over-worked"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stillwater, OK
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stillwater, OK

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job allows for a certain amount of elasticity to the hours that you have to work. This position is also very self-motivated with little to no supervision for long periods of time.

Cons

You will have to work long hours especially during the holiday seasons, including the holidays themselves. You will also work odd hours during many special events during the year including: over nights, mornings, and afternoons depending on what is going on at that time.

Other Employee Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

"Not worth the time or Money"

Former Employee - Wal Mart Media Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Media Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, Long hours, dirty work, Helpless supervisors and Awful health benifits

Cons

Work 12 hours breaking down pallets of books and DVD's just to drive 3 hours back home to go back to work for 11pm to set up stores for Midnight release. Managers who just show up for lunch then leave, out of date technology. Confusing pay scale, Managers who did not know much about the job. Job has a lot of printing and paperwork, with little to no repayment.

Advice to Management

Do not make employees break at hour 5 to take lunch it makes the job more difficult, Have Area Managers help employees when at the store, not just take them out to lunch and leave. Also allow Admin time.

2. "Really easy job, outdated technology"

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours made this job perfect for me both while I was in school and after graduation. The pay is competitive and the work is easy. My favorite part of the job was building those cardboard movie display units on new release Tuesday.

My bosses were all easy-going and I always felt respected.

Cons

Even though I worked as a part-time merchandiser for 22 months and was told I would be given a smartphone for my job, my district manager repeatedly reneged. Having a smartphone and a handheld scanner would have made me many factors more productive.

Instead, I had to spend anywhere between 0:15 mins and 1:00 on my personal phone with a call center.

When I needed to check inventory on an item, I would have to rely on a notoriously stand-offish Walmart employee.

It also seemed to me that I was spending way more time in a single store than any of the other vendors. Combined with the fact that Anderson Merchandisers primarily serves Walmart and Sam's Club, I sometimes felt like a Walmart employee.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to design a system that better accounts for the differences in store size and sends an appropriate quantity of product &/or a manageable number of merchandising projects.