Angelvision Technologies - Poor Management and Poor Communication | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Angelvision Technologies

"Poor Management and Poor Communication"

Former Employee - Developer in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Developer in Portland, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Developers are offered a laptop to take home. Fair health benefits package.

Cons

I was hired in 2012 to work directly with Pres and VP. developing web marketing content made up primarily of Flash Animation. I did my job well and exceeded the owner's expectations. There exists however, a power struggle within the upper ranks of the company that lead to a very anti-productive environment. in more than one case I was told by an officer not to listen to another officer and if I said anything to that officer I would be fired, however, this officer was my immediate supervisor.. in the end I was fired by that supervisor for not listening to that supervisor.. I am a professional software developer, and feel that my experience there was not typical of working for one of the best companies in Oregon to work for. I do not recommend...

Advice to Management

Don't tell your employees to not trust their supervisors, if you want productivity..

Other Employee Reviews for Angelvision Technologies

"Back to what made them great"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Angelvision Technologies as a contractor

Pros

I’m back working at AngelVision. because the trade show program has restarted! When we suspended it, that was one of saddest days of my life because I loved working there. Now, with the recent changes that took place this year, I came back to help. It’s so nice that the company is back to the way things were in the early days. The team work, friendly atmosphere, cooperation and the success our customers have with our tools is most important to me. The ability to telecommute.

Cons

No MORE mergers. The Company tried to go in to many directions and lost focus regarding strategic objectives after the last acquisition.

Advice to Management

Continue with your goals and pursue your vision. Try to apply to yourself the peace and life work balance that you demonstrate to your employees.

"The reviews are true"

Pros

- It was a like a family.. a really dysfunctional family that you both love and drives you crazy at times.

- Free lunch was nice and a great time to bond with my co-workers. That was some of best memories!

- The team is just awesome and they work so hard. That is also another good thing about working there.. but it just wasn't enough in the end.

Cons

- All the reviews here are true about the management. It was kinda sad really because the team was really talented and only held back by a few people.

- There is a lot of backstabbing and being pulled into meetings alone with management so they can get information from you and then pull in someone else to cross compare. That led to a lot of trust issues with your co-workers and fostered a negative environment.

- Raises were a joke - they promised many things but never came through. There was always talk about budget cuts but that came from the managers making over 100k.

Advice to Management

It may be hard to stomach all the negative reviews but you did hurt a lot of people and the ones you hurt the most were the ones cheering for you and working overtime. Your company IS YOUR EMPLOYEES and it does matter if they are happy. It's not just free food... it's giving them a say and listening to their feedback. We were the ones talking to the clients and we knew how to make the improvements to fix this company and make it great. But we were cut off from being able to do what we needed to do.. and now this is what is left.