Angie's List - A very good company to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Angie's List

"A very good company to work at"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I am a contractor working for Angieslist for more than an year. I am very satisfied with the work I have been doing. There is a lot of scope to learn from the experienced engineers working to build great products. There is a lot of hands-on to get from the cutting edge technologies being used. I work on the modules that directly relate to the members. We have worked hard since last year to streamline the member payment and renewal process along with plethora of other things. I am glad that my voice is heard by the management. People are very friendly. Overall an excellent place to work at.

Cons

It has all the problems of a very fast growing company. Change in process and management initially is chaotic across the companies but it settles down gradually. The senior management is doing a good job and the communication chain has been improved.

Advice to Management

Treat contractors like your regular employees. I feel sometimes that I don't get the similar treatment when it comes to the appreciation and the accolades as a regular employee does. Nevertheless, I am not demotivated as I am paid for what I do. It would be advised to have an inclusive policy. Most of the people I talk to are happy to be here. Please keep up the good job.

Other Employee Reviews for Angie's List

1. "Good and lot of opportunities to build career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is lot of scope to learn upcoming technologies with lot of exposure towards business. As it's implementing the Agile process, a developer/QA has full control over features/requirements. If you are looking to grow in your career and build your knowledge both in technical and business, I would suggest this company is perfect place to land and learn with great people.

Cons

Need improvement in managing parking place but anyways I am just giving this con as no company will be perfect.

2. "Great place to learn with great people"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you are fresher, this is perfect place to land and build your career. I have never seen any company with providing great opportunities to learn. You will have all freedom in the world to take time and build any feature according to requirement with quality. No one blames if you have introduced any bug in system, cos they understand your experience on product and provides more opportunity to correct your self.

Cons

Process needs to be improved in few areas. I don't have any negative feedback.