Angie's List - A very good company to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Angie's List

"A very good company to work at"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I am a contractor working for Angieslist for more than an year. I am very satisfied with the work I have been doing. There is a lot of scope to learn from the experienced engineers working to build great products. There is a lot of hands-on to get from the cutting edge technologies being used. I work on the modules that directly relate to the members. We have worked hard since last year to streamline the member payment and renewal process along with plethora of other things. I am glad that my voice is heard by the management. People are very friendly. Overall an excellent place to work at.

Cons

It has all the problems of a very fast growing company. Change in process and management initially is chaotic across the companies but it settles down gradually. The senior management is doing a good job and the communication chain has been improved.

Advice to Management

Treat contractors like your regular employees. I feel sometimes that I don't get the similar treatment when it comes to the appreciation and the accolades as a regular employee does. Nevertheless, I am not demotivated as I am paid for what I do. It would be advised to have an inclusive policy. Most of the people I talk to are happy to be here. Please keep up the good job.

Other Employee Reviews for Angie's List

"Ad Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Ad Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Ad Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule to interview at other companies while working for Angie's List.

Cons

They hire 22 new ad sales reps at a time. They hype in sales training that it is a six figure job constantly and that the average rep made 91k last year. What they don't tell you about those stats is what you will find out very quickly once you are on the sales floor and the veterian ad sales reps will let you know that those stats are on another commission plan and everything has changed since then. The real numbers are it's about a 40-50k job, preferrably a first stop for a recent grad and turnover is extremely high. Management tells you that you can build up a residual check, but on a 16% commission plan spread out over 12 months it equals out to about $20-$30 a deal it is not realistic to say. Your residual check will be a couple hundred bucks if you are lucky. I would say 40% of the veteran sales reps are looking for work elsewhere and new employees are so pissed off once they figure out they were straight lied to, if they are smart will look for jobs elsewhere too. In fact, with the flexible schedule, I am interviewing at a different company this morning. You are just killing time if you choose to work for Angie's List. The hay days of making money in sales at Angie's List is long over...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to yourself and new employess that it is a six figure job and accept the new real numbers are about 50k. If that...

2. "Good and lot of opportunities to build career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Angie's List full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is lot of scope to learn upcoming technologies with lot of exposure towards business. As it's implementing the Agile process, a developer/QA has full control over features/requirements. If you are looking to grow in your career and build your knowledge both in technical and business, I would suggest this company is perfect place to land and learn with great people.

Cons

Need improvement in managing parking place but anyways I am just giving this con as no company will be perfect.