Cover image for Animalz

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Animalz has been the freeing experience I've been searching for

Jun 17, 2021 - Technical Writer in Gulfport, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

20-some days of paid vacation, Unlimited paid sick and mental health days, great management, great opportunities for promotion, and all of the work is remote.

Cons

From what I understand the interviewing process keeps changing, but when I did it about 4 months back, the article prep information was a bit confusing. It may have gotten better since I did the interview.

2 people found this review helpful

Animalz Response

Thanks so much for sharing your review! It's definitely true that we've made some updates to the interview process -- specifically the project aspect of it. We're continuing to look for ways to make this easier for candidates, so you can probably expect to see a few continued tweaks here and there. If you have any ideas or feedback on improving the project stage, or our interviews in general, please don't hesitate to DM me on Slack! Or if you'd prefer to stay anonymous, you could drop that info into Devin's weekly office hours form, and she could share it with me. :) Thanks again and we're so happy you're here! - Nicole K, People Ops team

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great fit for me, but not perfect for everyone

Jul 7, 2022 - Content Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A few days into my career at Animalz, I knew it was a great fit. However, because of past toxic job experiences, I was wary that I was in a "honeymoon" phase that would eventually wear off. Over a year later, it still hasn't worn off! No company is perfect, but what makes Animalz stand out is that leadership genuinely cares about their people and is working to make things better. Sometimes that progress is slow, sometimes it creates growing pains, etc. But I've been in places where no progress is made at all...so dealing with growing pains feels far better. It's a sign that they're continually trying to make things better and are always willing to admit when they're wrong and need to change direction. Agency life in general can be hard. It requires a focus on production, which can be stressful. But over the years they've reduced the number of articles to a manageable amount after listening to their employees. They're also working on ways to reduce the emphasis on production numbers. That's not an easy task in an agency environment, but they're willing to take it on for our sake. As far as workload, the expectation is 8 articles a month (on the months you don't take PTO). If you come from agency life, you know how manageable this is compared to most agencies that require you to write an article a day sometimes. The feedback process is hefty, so in general, the articles do take longer from start to finish, but it's so nice to be able to focus on quality over quantity.

Cons

If you haven't been in a position where you're writing full-time (or if you have no agency experience), there might be a steep learning curve to ramp up to the production required. So if you're genuinely not interested in writing full time, this probably isn't the position for you. The company is also facing growing pains right now (largely due to restructuring how teams work). This is natural with any company, but if you're easily stressed out by change then maybe consider applying 6 months from now when things have stabilized.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Really nice people

Nov 16, 2022 - Content Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, wonderful co-workers and supervisors. Real people with real compassion.

Cons

Clients were ... a challenge.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Animalz.

Animalz Photos

+ Add Photo
Animalz photo of: Animalz hoodies!
Animalz photo of: Laura and Elizabeth meeting up with some cats!
Animalz photo of: Walter and Tulip