Ann Taylor - About women, about the community, about its people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ann Taylor

"About women, about the community, about its people"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ann Taylor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great about giving back to the community. The managers are given leverage to award team when they go above and beyond. Really about work life balance.

Cons

Better integrated technology systems- email capture , access to .com on front of house pc's
Could really try to pay part employees more that have the experience in all locations.
No mentorship programs for people who want to advance in the company.

Advice to Management

Need better technology integration with email capture poping up automatically so the customer is not bothered every time they are in. Nordstrom, apple and a few other companies have these systems.
Better wording with coupons and return policy.
Really listen to customer feedback on clothing, shoes ect.

Other Employee Reviews for Ann Taylor

1. "very good, fun environment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great people to work with
    -very flexible schedule
    -great managers
    -great co-workers

Cons

-low pay
    -low hours during off season

Advice to Management

better training in the beginning and even a dollar more an hour would make a huge difference to everyone. especially when other sales associates make more at other stores.

2. "Most enjoyable, rewarding job!"

Current Employee - Stylist/Sales Associate in Aiea, HI
    Current Employee - Stylist/Sales Associate in Aiea, HI

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is SUPERB. Each manager has a hard-to-get balance of being a friend while maintaining respect as a manager. They're very considerate about my scheduling. The sales associates are friendly & there is NO GOSSIP! Almost all of my coworkers are positive - if I go to work feeling awful, I'm in a totally different mood after starting work. This is a place where everyone is on the same team, everyone supports each other, & we all want each other to be the best at what she does; where you can grow as an individual; where you feel like your work is actually important & making a big difference, even if you're merely sweeping the floor. Although I work hard, I feel like I'm getting paid to have fun! It's a highly professional, organized, systematic company that somehow maintains a warm, down-to-earth feel. The discounts are generous too. Oh, & we don't work for commission, which encourages the great teamwork we have. The longer I work here, the more I love this job!

Cons

The pay isn't great for my location (Hawaii), but it's better than my other job that pays $7.25/hr & isn't even in the same ballpark for being rewarding, fun, professional, etc. They only offer full-time for management positions.

Advice to Management

Printing the schedule earlier in advance would be very helpful.