Ann Taylor - Ann Taylor LOFT: Great company that values its employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ann Taylor

"Ann Taylor LOFT: Great company that values its employees"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If our store met our goals for the month, we would get $50 to spend on every employee, so sometimes we would spend it to go out to a fancy dinner together, or we would just buy a Visa gift card for everyone. The management team and associates were very friendly and easy to work with. Each employee goes through training as well as job shadowing so that they will be prepared for their job - unlike many of the companies that I've worked for, who just throw you into the madness! There are lots of opportunities for growth in this company: one girl I worked with started out as a sales associate, was promoted to sales lead after a couple months, and became co-manager before she had even been with the company for a year. The hours were very flexible, and my manager was willing to work with my schedule and give me any time off for vacations that I had.

Cons

There are only two full-time positions in the whole store: co-manager and store manager. The sales leads (who are essentially assistant managers) get anywhere from 25 to 35 hours per week, and most associates were only getting 10 to 15 hours per week. Also, there is a lot of pressure in soliciting credit cards. Each store has a credit card goal per month and the higher-ups get VERY angry when you don't meet the quota! Another thing I didn't like were the hours. As a sales lead, I didn't mind working the opening shift from 9 to 5:30, but I hated working the closing shift 12:30 to 9 because it felt as if I didn't have time to run errands or relax after work.

Advice to Management

The management team I worked with was a very strong and encouraging one, so I guess I'll just say keep a positive attitude so your employees will stay positive too!

Other Employee Reviews for Ann Taylor

"Not looking to be innovative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ann Taylor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is a great schedule and great benefits. The location is an easy commute and the work is fine if you enjoy fashion and monotony. The company values are good and understand you have a life outside of work.

Cons

It's very difficult to move up. You have to fight to get promoted and even if you are deserving and it's acknowledged it still may not happen. Even though my coworkers and I are on the younger side our new and innovative ideas aren't taken into consideration. It's very estrogen heavy.

Advice to Management

Management is on the older side and somewhat stuffy so great innovative somewhat risky ideas aren't given much consideration. The company values are good and the charity work is great. The office is almost all women which for me isn't ideal. The office culture is pretty reserved and corporate, not the most fun.

2. "Job was just okay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clothes and discount are great.

Cons

Most of the employees were helpful however some of the sales leads and the manager had a very entitled attitude.

Advice to Management

H better managers.