Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago - satisfying work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago

"satisfying work"

Current Employee - RN Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - RN Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great culture, fantastic mission and belief statement

Cons

people are grandfathered into positions that they do not earn nor deserve

Other Employee Reviews for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago

"This place may seem like a good place, but it's just false advertising"

I worked at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    New place with fancy equipment

Cons

There was a lack of management who basically didn't care about the issues in the department. They let the senior people do whatever they wanted, and didn't have the guts to either fire the inappropriate staff or at least tell them to get their act together. There was no team feeling, most of my co-workers hated on each other 24/7. Even with the move the pay is NOT competitive. I was severely disappointed with this place because their only excuse as to why the place SUCKED was "we do it for the children." As meaningful as that sounds, if you don't learn how to treat your team correctly, it's hard to wake up everyday and want to go to work "for the children", especially when you're not given any resources to properly do so.

Advice to Management

Replace with new management and show that you at least care about your employees.

2. "Former employee- great culture and people."

Former Employee - Research Associate I in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Research Associate I in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, great experience, great management and time off. Everyone is dedicated. Rewarding and challenging work.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive.

Opportunity for growth is somewhat limited.

Advice to Management

None- they were great!

Work at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago? Share Your Experiences

Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago