Anne Arundel Community College - Great Oppurtunities | Glassdoor

"Great Oppurtunities"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Arnold, MD
Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Arnold, MD

I have been working at Anne Arundel Community College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent faculty to work with

Cons

politics get in the way sometimes. Some not as open to being on the cutting edge.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to try new things

Other Employee Reviews for Anne Arundel Community College

"Dedicated people"

Current Employee - Technology Staff in Arnold, MD
    Current Employee - Technology Staff in Arnold, MD

I have been working at Anne Arundel Community College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work space and people, dedicated to doing a quality job each day.

Cons

Mired in older technology and resistance to adopt new technologies and take a more global perspective.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get a little more involved with the latest trends in technology and not be so married to the way things have always been done. Innovation is the way of the future, not stagnation.

"Going downhill in a hurry."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MD

Pros

The benefits package and leave plan is amazing; It is what keeps me here. I pay little to nothing for medical, dental and vision for my husband and myself. I can take leave pretty much whenever I want and get paid holidays when the school is closed ( Winter Break, Spring Break, MLK Day, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Forth of July).I think that you would be hard pressed to find another employer that gives you such cushy benefits.

Cons

The job itself is monotonous. The students have gotten much ruder over the years and the parents have become the same. Anyone that calls up a business and curses at the person that's trying to help them is just not cool. It used to be great... but as I said the whole college is going downhill. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing. The turn over of management has been increasing. Everyone is jumping ship. There have been no raises in YEARS for anyone however, everything can get remodeled whether or not it's needed.

Advice to Management

Communication is key and it needs to be better at AACC! No one has any idea what anyone else is doing. A few of the newer higher ups have completely destroyed the culture at AACC. The new dress code doesn't make us approachable to students.