Anoka Technical College - ATC is a good place to work (if you like the status quo). | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Anoka Technical College

"ATC is a good place to work (if you like the status quo)."

Former Employee - Instructor in Anoka, MN
Former Employee - Instructor in Anoka, MN

Pros

Open to new ideas & program improvements (though they are a bit resistant to change implementation). Great Benefits, Great Hours, Summers off (or additional work available for additional pay for summer courses). There are a lot of great people working there, who like to try new things & make improvements. The students were wonderful and there is a definite push for non-traditional students to attend, though administration was resistant to holding many evening & weekend courses. Top-down communication was often lacking and was being worked on when I left. ATC did achieve HLC accreditation while I was employed there. This is a great place to work for people who are not change- or improvement-motivated and are able to hold the status-quo without making waves.

Cons

This in the government sector, so it comes with all of the political & bureaucracy that that entails. Some of the frustrations I had were due to the constraints of the union. While the unions definitely affected the pay scales positively, they also help keep people who are not as competent on the job, which can be frustrating. There are also limited opportunities for pay for performance because of the unionized pay scales. Innovation & forward-thinking are not rewarded monetarily, though it is recognized by peers.

Advice to Management

Be more available and accessible to all people within the school. Create see-through management where there are little or few questions about the motives for decisions that are made.

Other Employee Reviews for Anoka Technical College

1. "Secretarial Assistant"

I worked at Anoka Technical College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were flexible, The supervisor was supportive and gave me extra tasks because she trusted my abilities

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

No advice to management they were all supportive

2. "Administration"

I worked at Anoka Technical College part-time

Pros

Fun and friendly people, and good work experience.

Cons

Bad management, unorganized, lots of drama and gossip.