Anova - Great Place to Work, Great People to Work With | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Anova

"Great Place to Work, Great People to Work With"

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Santa Rosa, CA
Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Anova part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Help kids in classroom, support from supervisors, appreciation, trainings

Cons

The company is not able to offer full time hours and the school districts that pay for the hours are cutting back

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Anova

"Great working environment, fantastic people"

I have been working at Anova full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an environment where you can seriously make a difference and go home feeling good about what you've done. You'll be surrounded by people who feel the same way, and that makes things great.

Cons

The work can be hard, sometimes frustrating, occasionally heartbreaking. Also, depending on which site you work at there can be issues specific to that location.

Advice to Management

Develop and maintain a clear career path upward. Work on bringing NPA people closer into the fold so they feel less isolated from what the organization is doing.

2. "Making a difference but with little support from admin"

Pros

Working with kids on the autism spectrum is very rewarding! I went home feeling like I had made a difference.

Cons

Directors don't make an effort to get to know their staff. High turn over rate! Wonder why? Not enough quality support for teachers and behaviors assistants. Disorganized when it comes to Keeping legal paper work in order. My co-workers were constantly getting injured on the job which was scary. Minor injuries were expected and we were trained on how to handle them, but I saw too many good staff having to deal with unnecessary injuries that could have been avoided if there was more staff and they had access to better information on kids.

Advice to Management

Get to know your staff. Pay them better so that turn over won't be so high. Make an effort to ask your staff how they are and what they need. Less expansion and more focus on what the schools need in the here and now. Try to keep the target audience in mind: kids on the spectrum. ED kids need a different environment; one that other schools can handle better.