Anritsu - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Pros

Wonderful team atmosphere. Excellent work-life balance. Lots of recreational activities (volleyball, basketball, tennis, table-tennis, small gym, running, etc).

Cons

Sometimes a little laid back atmosphere. A little behind the curve when it comes to modern engineering practices and tools (esp. software). Management style tends to be pretty conservative (this can be both good and bad depending on situations).

Other Employee Reviews for Anritsu

"Family-oriented company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Pros

Anritsu USA has a family atmosphere. Most its employees have been there for many years so, naturally, they know each other very well. Management focuses on developing its employees through training and offers generous tuition reimbursement for those who want to pursue graduate or technical degrees.

Cons

Anritsu has old school mentality and lacks innovation in many areas.

Advice to Management

Push for more creative, innovative solutions to everyday issues.

"Okay for learning technical"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Morgan Hill, CA

Pros

Test instruments require nearly all disciplines of engineering, DSP, FPGA, Complex Synthesizers (PLLs), YIG based Synthesizers, Microwave circuits of all types, MMICs, and system engineering. This is the main reason a technical person would be interested in a company such as Anritsu. The benefits for higher education are quite good as well. I got my MSEE paid for in full by Anritsu. For me, anyway, they sent the money directly to Santa Clara University (SCU) and did not require a lot of paperwork from me. I don’t know if it is the same today since I was employed from the 90s up to 2008. Most companies these days pay nothing for school or next to nothing (like a $2000 budget per year). SCU costs about $1400 per class and you need about 22 classes to graduate, do the math and you find that Anritsu favors strong in this area.

Cons

Well, what can I say? I had many managers at Anritsu. Some situations were good and others were bad. I posted mostly neutral ratings for management stuff since some of my reviews made me look like I could walk on water while other reviews had me looking bad. This is no different than any other place really. Keep in mind that Anritsu is a manufacturing scene so if you have an aversion to that sort of thing then Anritsu may not be your cup of tea. I was in the R&D and never in manufacturing so I was fairly safe, but you’ll still have to interface with manufacturing a lot. It’s necessary since that’s where all the money comes from to cut your paycheck. Now that we’re on the topic of pay I’ll have to point out that my wage has doubled since leaving Anritsu. Low wage in the world’s most expense place to live was a big gripe of mine. In my opinion (based on what other engineers told me about their wage) a typical design engineer earns less than six figures. For example, an experienced engineer with 10 years of design experience might be getting about $85 to $95k per year. I think the trade off here is (or was) stability and technical growth verses pay. For less pay Anritsu offers stability and technical growth. Times have been bad so Anritsu has suffered large setbacks with regards to stability. Mostly, Anritsu is a good place to learn.

Advice to Management

Give engineers more support so they can focus on design. That’s a big request, but it would make and can make a large difference. There is no sense in forcing an engineer to learn schematic entry or overload them with too many day-to-day details of some process. Good and innovative engineering does come from creativity.