Anton & Chia - You are better than this. Go look for somewhere else. This place is a career trap! | Glassdoor

"You are better than this. Go look for somewhere else. This place is a career trap!"

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Anton & Chia full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Decent snack 2. Okay HQ office at the very corner of Newport. The management seems to be so proud that they have a main office in Newport.

Cons

I don't know where to start but I will try to be objective and list the cons. 1. Incredibly unethical culture You are required to FILE no matter what. The management does not care how much work is done on the Audit or what is the financial standing of client is. You need to FILE before the deadline no matter what so that they can COLLECT the Audit fee. Some of their opinions get out even before substantial work... is done and a lot of work get done after the filing date and some of these after work could be done very unethical. You do not want to go through this in your career giving up your integrity. 2. Long Long unappreciated hours throughout the year. You will work like slave throughout the year period. You are required to work 65+ during busy season. The catch is that it is busy season all year around at this firm! You do annual 10K first five months of the year and you do 10Q every quarter and You will be assigned to private company audits in between 10Q. After working these long hours, you will end up feeling guilty because the management pushes you even more with negative reinforcement and more work. 3. Very unprofessional owner Can you imagine a managing partner in sweat pants with bare foot comes in to a general meeting with a glass of whiskey on his right hand? You may encounter this kind of shocking moments once you work at Anton & Chia. Don't be surprised if you received a couple of very angry e-mail containing cursing words from the partner because again, it may happen. I'm not lying. 4. The chance of getting 500 Attest hours here is very slim. If you plan to work like crazy for months and get your 500 attest hours, your plan may not work well at this firm. Signing attest hours is done by very subjective judgement by the firm. I have seen so many staffs leaving the firm but I have heard only one person actually got the hours signed after working over A YEAR of fully dedicated countless hours. If you think about it, the person dedicated 3,000 total hours of works considering he/she has been working 60 hours per week average. Just so you know, I have not gotten my hours signed neither when I left the firm. 5. Under market pay, No overtime pay. 6. Travel, meal reimbursement Good luck getting reimbursement for the business expense you spent. You will be incredibly lucky if you get full reimbursement three months later. 7. Going concern In the past few years, the firm seriously struggled with PCAOB Audit and there is rumor that they are under PCAOB investigation for years of work done poorly. Substantial doubt on going concern.

Advice to Management

Change everything but leave the snacks.

Anton & Chia2017-03-27

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Anton & Chia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work hard play hard culture. They are willling to help. You may need to drink here to fully socialize with higher ups after tax season.

Cons

Long long long hours. You may get angry email from the CEO but dont worry he doesnt mean it.

Advice to Management

Friday social yeah

Anton & Chia2017-11-02

"Horrible management and work ethics"

Former Employee - Audit Staff in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Anton & Chia full-time for less than a year

Pros

High turnover so you'll get promote faster compared to other CPA firms.

Cons

Long long hours even not during busy seasons. Very little training and guidance for new staff. The president is very rude and will send out email with unprofessional language if he's unhappy with the performance of staff (as in money is not being collected fast enough). The firm has horrible work ethics and mostly care about just filing to get client's money, sometimes without proper and sufficient audit work.... As auditors, quality control and work ethics should be priority but this is not emphasized in this firm. Avoid at all cost for new and experienced professionals who are passionate about audit and want to learn proper audit work.

Advice to Management

Create quality training programs for employees. Tone from the top.

Anton & Chia2018-05-10

Discover more reviews about Anton & Chia.