Aon - Better than the alternatives. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aon

"Better than the alternatives."

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

The senior management team seems to have a good sense of what is required to bring Aon into the modern business world. They have made strong moves in developing market information databases and have a clear vision in which all decisions serve the purpose of helping our clients.

Cons

Management often seems to run the company as if they were still consultants at McKinsey. Everything is measured and relationships and subjective measurements can be overlooked on occasion. Certain offices are given much more attention than others as well. Working in Chicago, New York or LA is a much different experience than smaller offices.

Advice to Management

Finish what you have started. The foundation is now set for long-term success.

Other Employee Reviews for Aon

1. "Aon is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities at Aon. It is easy to move around the company and take on jobs in different departments if you hit a brick wall. Moving jobs does not necessarily mean that you have to move location. I am in my 3rd job at Aon in 8 year and I have never left my office. Aon is doing a better job at recognising work/life balance, however there is still a feeling that

Cons

There seem to be a lot of cliques and people get promoted based on who they know rather than what they know. I

Advice to Management

There doesn't seem to be a lot of communication between management and employees and often there are too many rumors

2. "Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Setup Configuration Specialist in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Setup Configuration Specialist in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Aon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance
    Good Environment and infrastructure
    Good facilities

Cons

Average Salary when compared to other companies
    No growth for the technologies that you learn inside the company because all the tools are self proprietary.

Advice to Management

Try to improve the tools with latest technology so that the employee will get some satisfaction that he is into a good technology.