Apex Systems - I Love Working for Apex! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apex Systems

"I Love Working for Apex!"

Current Employee - Agile Coach and Scrum Master in Glen Allen, VA
Current Employee - Agile Coach and Scrum Master in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Apex Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional Account Managers and Recruiters, great pay, excellent communication and follow up from staff at Apex -- fantastic work environment with work/life balance. The Glen Allen, VA staff are best-in-class, and Chris and Erin have been phenomenal folks to work with. I have had a couple of visits with my AM and Recruiter after placement. They don't just place you and forget about you like most firms. I have a great partnership with my AM and Recruiter, and because of that, I have no desire to work anywhere else.

Cons

Group Health Insurance could be a little better, though Dental, Vision, Life, etc., are just fine.

Advice to Management

Please improve the group health insurance offerings. The only reason I might need to look elsewhere is due to needing better catastrophic health insurance benefits to protect my family.

Other Employee Reviews for Apex Systems

"The worst and most disorganized company I've ever worked for."

Former Contractor - Instructional Systems Designer in Arlington, VA
    Former Contractor - Instructional Systems Designer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

HR rep was great. Unfortunately she could not go to bat for the workers when it came down to the negotiating table.

Cons

1. Company took five months to reimburse me for travel, trip (I was a subcontractor). 2. HR Sent my insurance information late, resulting in lapsed insurance time: this month without coverage caused problems for me to get new insurance. 3. Employee rep overworked and way too busy to meet or call the workers. 4. Phone calls, emails, and other correspondence to company were sometimes lost or left unanswered.

Advice to Management

I understand Apex is growing fast, but upper management needs to focus on training well, structuring its people to Manageable Numbers, and promote more thorough representation of its contractors. In my case, my POC to Apex was completely overworked and had been assigned 45+ people among 20 companies. The poor service and lack of follow-through with my concerns as well as the failure to reimburse me in a timely manner for expenses incurred for a work trip was infuriating; I had never been treated this way by a company before. It is because of the above that I decided to leave the company when a better offer arrived on my doorstep.

"Terrible health benefits"

Former Contractor - Senior Systems Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Senior Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Apex Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Strong presence in IT contract/staff augmentation

Cons

Health benefits are WORSE than nothing. Apex got a waiver from the government so they could keep their appalingly low annual cap on health insurance payouts ($25000/yr - seriously) because 'otherwise employees would have nothing'. Offering no coverage would be better because if your employer doesn't offer health insurance it can allow you to go to the state insurance exchange. With any luck, this issue will go away in 2014 but Apex got this waiver, who knows what else they will be able to blow off.

Advice to Management

Offer multiple health options - many of your contract employees would be happy to pay more for some decent insurance. And then, for those of us that enjoy contract work would happily work for you for a very long time. And, while you're at it - change the 401K benefit eligibility to allow contributions shortly after starting. Seriously, many of your contract employees are NOT straight out of college anymore.