Apollo Education Group - In my opinion, for a Software Engineer Apollo used to be a good place to work, but not anymore. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

"In my opinion, for a Software Engineer Apollo used to be a good place to work, but not anymore."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Benefits are good and pay rate is OK.
Apollo always throws a good Holiday party.

Cons

In my opinion, favoritism in advancement decisions is rampant with the unspoken endorsement of upper management.
In my opinion, there is no respect for software engineers and they are treated like lower tier employees.
In my opinion, Engineering has a layer of so call ‘architects’ that are the most egocentric and arrogant people I have worked with.
In my opinion, the current working environment if very poor in the new office space but management refuses to acknowledge the dissatisfaction after receiving feedback from many employees. In my opinion, there is no intention of investing in real workspace improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing if you want to lose your best engineers but keep a layer of ‘architects’ that in my opinion cannot (or refuse to) do engineering work.

Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group

"Tentative existence not knowing what the next week will be like."

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Pay is decent, and some cases the managers are very good.

Cons

The main problem here is that upper managment does not appear to be cohesive with an ability to focus on a long range IT plan and stick with it. Communication and goal setting appear to be a foreign concept here.

Advice to Management

Figure out a high level plan of direction for the IT group and provide definitive leadership and stop making so many changes with staff.

"A good but not great place to work, pay was terrible and climate changed after numerous reorgs"

Current Employee - IT Division Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Division Technician in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Ability to travel is great. Generally good work environment. Stress free, and they provide the tools to get the job done. You can pretty much expense anything when traveling. Always updating technology

Cons

Low pay. If u don't wanna live in Phoenix then the upward mobility is non existent. It appears the good ol boy system is alive and well

Advice to Management

Fight for your employees pay. When doing reviews, be able to justify why or why not a person does or doesn't deserve a commensurate raise. Be ready to have facts and empirical data to justify reasoning