Apollo Education Group - So far, so good | Glassdoor

"So far, so good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The company in my opinion offers above average compensation in terms of salary and benefits. I assume that when it comes to management, it depends on the specific departments, but on my experience, management is competent and has given me their expectations and the different paths available to move up in the company.

Cons

Benefits are not effective from day one and there is probably some room for improvement when it comes to orientation.

Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group

1. "We are frustrated trying to accomplish our goals."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Because they are so unstructured one has the ability to influence change

Cons

under staffed
    over worked
    technical staff not treated fairly
    PM's have no authority

Advice to Management

Management, manager the customer and stop over allocating resources. Over allocation of the resources is causing the best of our talent to leave the company, leaving us further short handed. Additionally, it's our best talent that's leaving, leaving us understaffed with those who are less talented to get the job done.

"In my opinion, for a Software Engineer Apollo used to be a good place to work, but not anymore."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Benefits are good and pay rate is OK.
    Apollo always throws a good Holiday party.

Cons

In my opinion, favoritism in advancement decisions is rampant with the unspoken endorsement of upper management.
    In my opinion, there is no respect for software engineers and they are treated like lower tier employees.
    In my opinion, Engineering has a layer of so call ‘architects’ that are the most egocentric and arrogant people I have worked with.
    In my opinion, the current working environment if very poor in the new office space but management refuses to acknowledge the dissatisfaction after receiving feedback from many employees. In my opinion, there is no intention of investing in real workspace improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing if you want to lose your best engineers but keep a layer of ‘architects’ that in my opinion cannot (or refuse to) do engineering work.