Apollo Education Group - Great product, but management is all over the place, no measureables for employees anymore. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

"Great product, but management is all over the place, no measureables for employees anymore."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good for social worker/counselor type people - people that want to help others get their life on track.

Cons

The company has gone from telling enrollment advisors to "enroll and retain quality students and we'll pay you in accordance to that" to "Make fake phone calls, get fake talk time on your phone, suck up to you manager and we'll leave you alone".
Company is declining in employees and student body as compared to previous years.
They will require you to work Saturday or some Saturdays.
Each division has different rules, managers run their own show.

Advice to Management

Offer telecommuting as a performance incentive to help retain employees. We work on a phone and a computer, this could be done at home.
Provide clear expectations for employees and be fair through out the whole company.
Create an idea to get the company growing again. - There are many out there.

Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group

"So far so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Very open-minded organization. Though change is constant, management I work with is very open to exploring new and better ways of conducting business.

Cons

Some systems, infrastructure, and processes are in state of flux or need to be upgraded. However, this is also an opportunity to help build/grow an already established organization and seems to be a focus within the management team.

Advice to Management

I'm too new to offer any advice. I'll type a few more words to meet the minimum required number of words.

2. "Good pay, great benefits, opportunities for growth, work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Employee stock option program, free tuition benefits, highly educated workforce, clean and professional environment, New facility on Fountainhead Parkway in Tempe is very impressive.

Cons

It is hard to get in at the Apollo Group. I am a three time University of Phoenix Alumni, and it took me eight years of applying before I was made a formal offer.