Apollo Education Group - Pull us out of antiquation and prepare us for the imense growth we are bound to undertake. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

"Pull us out of antiquation and prepare us for the imense growth we are bound to undertake."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The wide range of benefits, including comprehensive health coverage and tuition assistance, are great perks. If you show the drive and desire to perform, there are opportunities to advance your career in a multitude of fields. As an employee you are given an unmatched chance to excel both personally and professionally through education and even alter your career path.

Cons

Some career paths may be more difficult to navigate vertically than others and may require you to rethink your career options.

Advice to Management

Focus on your junior employees not as rivals, but as future visionaries for the growth and success of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group

"Apollo Group -- A Great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Supervisor, Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Supervisor, Technical Support in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Apollo Group is recession-proof, pays well and has a wonderful benefits package. They offer a wide array of jobs in many different departments. They also provide employees with the chance to go to school and obtain a degree for free.

The opportunities for promotions and job growth are plentiful at Apollo Group, Inc., and because it is such a large companies, there is opportunity for lateral movement between departments and divisions. If your current job is not satisfactory, you can easily find a job within the company and apply for it without pressure or resentment from management.

They hire family members, and many people work with their spouses, parents, or siblings.

Cons

There is no down side really.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better and more effective communication from senior management to employees, and they need to institute better change management strategies.

"Pays Less for Employees with Education"

Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Tuition benefits, team building activities, easy to get approved for time off, possibilities to get 20% raises bi-yearly, job that is not that demanding, and when you go home you do not take the job with you.

Cons

Leadership is a joke. I have been in the organization for three years and I have only been in the room with my director twice. The director position is only two levels higher and is directly responsible for the numbers the employees produce. Management can get away with murder. Mine has infinite time off it seems like. The 20% raises are almost impossible to acquire. They make the standards harder and harder every different evaluation that comes out. Measured on numbers that you can not control. Takes management forever to approve performance reviews

Advice to Management

Besides that fact that all of our senior management is leaving or has left for Grand Canyon State I wonder what is going on. Senior management needs to disclose why all of the organization's leadership is jumping ship. I really believe there is to many employees in the enrollment department. For low performance employees the department is not turning over employees, instead the organization keeps them. The best thing to happen to this company is for a CEO to come in from the outside, experience in the private and public sector. The first thing the CEO will do is cut 30% of enrollment. You the company will still grow and now you keep your best performers. Pay the people that do their jobs.