Apollo Education Group - Apollo Tech, Apollo Innovation: Welcome to a Wold Class Web Analytics Department | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apollo Education Group

"Apollo Tech, Apollo Innovation: Welcome to a Wold Class Web Analytics Department"

Current Intern - Web Analytics Intern in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Web Analytics Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Apollo Education Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in the department of digital analytics and consumer insight I was privelaged to work with some of the best web analytics professionals in the world. My direct boss, provided plenty of direction and gave me tons of autonomy to get my work done and work on special scripting projects which I enjoyed. I also worked closely with the GA implementation manager, logical architecture consultants, the entire product analytics team, web marketing analysts, and developers. Working here has by far been the most rewarding yet challenging role I've ever been in.

Cons

Enterprise-wide re-orgs, consistent lay-offs, and ultra-bureaucratic IT department. This is typical of many large enterprises and also related to the current state of the economy and nature of the changing online education business.

Advice to Management

Please continue to hire more interns, but also make the hiring process more challenging. As you

Other Employee Reviews for Apollo Education Group

"Review for Apollo Group Inc"

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with an immediate team.

Cons

Company is thick with siloed groups and management with poor vision.

Advice to Management

listen to the people doing the work, it could save you millions!

2. "Great for entry-level, but too much attention-grabbing and posturing by low level management."

Former Employee - Student Financial Services - Operation in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Student Financial Services - Operation in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Apollo Education Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, competitive benefits (particularly at entry and mid-level positions), tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Lack of communication between teams and between management and staff, limited room for growth within company, difficult to get in front door if not a prior employee. Strained relations between QA/Training/Processing staff make it difficult to ensure processes are followed across the board, and that all parties are on the same page. Production and quality assurance standards are also difficult to meet from month-to-month.

Advice to Management

Spend less time harping on production and more time worrying about the quality of people's work and the compliance problems it causes when it's done incorrectly. Make sure the training staff is up to date and in the loop on process changes, so that they can train staff appropriately. Identify those individuals who require subject matter refreshers and ensure that they are getting them, and more importantly, if someone is consistently underpreforming, stop allowing those individuals to linger in a position where more qualified individuals may do far better in their place. Follow through with expectations, and ensure that staff are meeting them, but make sure they are given opportunities to learn from mistakes and improve upon them.

Also, to upper management, I highly suggest the following - start paying attention to the needs of your staff. A happy, well-trained, and eager workforce makes fewer mistakes, is more productive, and has a lot smaller turnover. It's far easier to retain an employee than to train a new one, and it's more productive to not have to train someone new to do their job.