AppDirect - Values oriented company | Glassdoor

"Values oriented company"

Current Employee - Programmer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Programmer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is very values oriented and listening to what employees have to say despite it is already 70+ in size. They recently, for instance, had anonymous survey where you could rate management and various topics completely anonymously and provide feedback. Based on that average rating was between 4-4.5 which is really great taking into account number of people in the company. The company is very schedule-oriented and no matter what hey say they value delivery on schedule in the first place. On upside also is management which is absolutely not intrusive and let you do your job your way as soon as you meet your commitments. They also are very supportive with small requests and whatever makes business sense.
Another huge plus is that company is profitable and cover it's expenses with it's revenue unlike vast majority of other startups out there.
Also, I like people here and feel like everyone is pretty happy and pleasure to deal with.

Cons

The company is schedule-oriented, so if you prefer to work in more relaxed manner you might feel not very comfortable here.

Other Employee Reviews for AppDirect

"I have been working at AppDirect full-time (since 1 year)"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Excellent company for skilled people and people who are willing to be high skilled.

2. Excellent food( There is separate comitee who listens to complaint, suggestions and feedback regarding food)

3. Nice Infrastructure and facilities, Flexible working hours, specially WFH provided easily to everyone without asking any question.

4. Company listens to employees, take feedbacks from leads on almost every momnth without fail.

5. Excellent highly skilled people onshore and offshore (pune) to work with
    India office is full of energy and innovative people (except few who know they are running from there work because of there poor comunication skill, low product knowledge, and lack of willingness to work as team player).

6.Company investing in employees and such programs are already in place, such as Professional Development Fund which is designed to support employees pursuit of personal growth and skill building. (Obviously you need willingness to learn and implement it).

7. Always focus on making application performance better and better.

8. Nobody gets fired on short notice, company is very professional. Everyone gets evaluated on every quarter. Based on there performance clear review and retrospection points (good and bad) gets shared. If still employeee don't improve and don't learn from past mistakes then they get terminated which any company will do.

9. If you are really skilled and confident on your work, I can confidently say 1 thing appdirect is the best choice. Your work always gets recognised and few times gets rewarded too.

Cons

1. If you are not a good team player don't join Appdirect. (I'ld suggest don't join any company)

2. People should stop blaming the organization for their failure to perform.

3. Few people have felt "like in hell" because they were not able to perform as there colleague were performing. Always showed some execuses ( Sickness is most common reason ).

4. Send developers onshore who are really sincere to get the best product knowledge.

Advice to Management

1. Ignore few negative people who want to blame there old managers only because they themselves were not capable to work in excellent team.

2. Management should take strict action for people whose goals are not at all aligned to organizational goals.

3. Please don't hire people with negative mind set. they spoil the environment.

4. Many people are genuinely happy, please ignore negative minds.

5. Few people gets time to know that in canteen who is gossiping what means they do not do there job and stay at canteen all the time and listen to the gossips. get rid of this kind of employees.

""The Best Thing that could happen to you career is AppDirect.""

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Office location and infrastructure is very nice.
    -Free lunch and snacks.
    -Team outings.
    -Work from Home.
    -Good Pay.
    -Excellent for experienced.
    -The ton of facilities.
    -Very Supportive team across multiple countries
    -New office with challenging work
    -Great colleagues with a wide variety of experience.

You will learn and will come across latest technologies in the market and will get quality work if you have enough potential and zeal to learn anything, I would say you if "you only speak much rather then doing" this will not be the correct place for you.

1) As I have experienced if you are capable enough you will be getting great opportunities to handle tough, quality tasks, you will always be appreciated and back by senior employees

2)Your growth/promotions in this company are directly proportional to how skillful you are in handling tight deadline task, AppDirect product knowledge, your ownership, your intensity, rest if you do not have these qualities, you have the right to blame your manager's HR’s because that’s all you can do.

3)PSFE is the best team in AppDirect Pune, I gain a lot in terms of Knowledge, Time management, Work life balance, personal skills enhancement.

4) In a very short period time, I am handling very big standalone internal Projects and many major core level tasks I feel very lucky to be part of PSFE Pune team.

Cons

1)Being a North Indian I would suggest making more north Indian dishes

2)Need to have more Tech Talks.

Advice to Management

I would say try to be more interactive with other Employees, we all are part of one team else everything is going very smooth :)