AppDirect - Awesome people, long-term focus | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AppDirect

"Awesome people, long-term focus"

Current Employee - Business Side in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Business Side in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDirect full-time

Pros

What I love about AppDirect is that both CEOs and the board are focused on creating a company that will thrive in the long-term. Unlike most enterprise startups that raise tons of money (at enormouse cost to equity), hire tons of sales people to get on the IPO revenue growth curve (while completely ignoring profitability or sustainability), AppDirect's leadership has focused on minimizing dilution and growing for the long term. Not to say it's not growing - it definitely is - but it's not shortsighted growth that comes at the expense of long-term value.

As the other reviewer wrote, AppDirect also has a huge focus on its core values, and this applies from the top to the bottom of the company.

Also the office is gorgeous.

Cons

AppDirect doesn't offer a lot of the perks of a normal SV startup (free lunches and dinners every day etc.).

Advice to Management

As the company grows, make sure you maintain a tight nit culture.

Other Employee Reviews for AppDirect

"Values oriented company"

Current Employee - Programmer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is very values oriented and listening to what employees have to say despite it is already 70+ in size. They recently, for instance, had anonymous survey where you could rate management and various topics completely anonymously and provide feedback. Based on that average rating was between 4-4.5 which is really great taking into account number of people in the company. The company is very schedule-oriented and no matter what hey say they value delivery on schedule in the first place. On upside also is management which is absolutely not intrusive and let you do your job your way as soon as you meet your commitments. They also are very supportive with small requests and whatever makes business sense.
    Another huge plus is that company is profitable and cover it's expenses with it's revenue unlike vast majority of other startups out there.
    Also, I like people here and feel like everyone is pretty happy and pleasure to deal with.

Cons

The company is schedule-oriented, so if you prefer to work in more relaxed manner you might feel not very comfortable here.

""The Best Thing that could happen to you career is AppDirect.""

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at AppDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Office location and infrastructure is very nice.
    -Free lunch and snacks.
    -Team outings.
    -Work from Home.
    -Good Pay.
    -Excellent for experienced.
    -The ton of facilities.
    -Very Supportive team across multiple countries
    -New office with challenging work
    -Great colleagues with a wide variety of experience.

You will learn and will come across latest technologies in the market and will get quality work if you have enough potential and zeal to learn anything, I would say you if "you only speak much rather then doing" this will not be the correct place for you.

1) As I have experienced if you are capable enough you will be getting great opportunities to handle tough, quality tasks, you will always be appreciated and back by senior employees

2)Your growth/promotions in this company are directly proportional to how skillful you are in handling tight deadline task, AppDirect product knowledge, your ownership, your intensity, rest if you do not have these qualities, you have the right to blame your manager's HR’s because that’s all you can do.

3)PSFE is the best team in AppDirect Pune, I gain a lot in terms of Knowledge, Time management, Work life balance, personal skills enhancement.

4) In a very short period time, I am handling very big standalone internal Projects and many major core level tasks I feel very lucky to be part of PSFE Pune team.

Cons

1)Being a North Indian I would suggest making more north Indian dishes

2)Need to have more Tech Talks.

Advice to Management

I would say try to be more interactive with other Employees, we all are part of one team else everything is going very smooth :)