AppDynamics - Great learning experience | Glassdoor

"Great learning experience"

Pros

Great work culture.
Great management.
Open communications
Fuse ball table, video games, darts.
free beer.
fun culture
great location near to BART

Cons

You are on your own .
Team players are not appreciated.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics

"Equal opportunity for everyone and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While the work is challenging, the work place is fun.

When I joined more than a year ago, I was excited to join a fast growing company, and be able to help all these big name enterprise customers. After the initial excitement settled down and through the IPO / acquisition changes, I still feel love to go to work .

A female engineer, I feel I am very respected by my peers and my manager. Career path is clear to me.

People here are always trying to make things fun, from a big holiday party to a bug bash. Even an engineer like me felt like to dress up to attend a grand holiday party held in SF City hall. In a bug bash, you can dress crazy and get a prize. The HRs would never miss any holidays or spirit days to throw a happy hour. There are daily fresh floral arrangements at the front desk and entrances on each floor.

We have three-day hackathons, and this year we will have two! I worked on an AI project and an IoT project in past hackathons. None of these were related to my daily duty. How cool was that? The coolest thing is, if your project wins the top votes, besides award dollars you can demonstrate your project in AppSphere, a customer and partner conference usually held in cities like Las Vegas, London or New York, in front of a broad audience of more than two thousands!

Besides badminton team, soccer team, cricket team, foosball tournaments, there are events and outings specifically for women organized or sponsored by the company's two women organizations: Women In Technology and Women In Engineering. Many female colleagues get opportunities to attend Grace Hopper Conference, or Google I/O, etc. Our parent company Cisco also has a global Women's Day conference.

There are numerous things to mention, and numerous things to keep me excited everyday.

Cons

Commute to work in the city is a daily pain, though people can work from home from time to time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the startup spirit!

2. "Decent place to be as long as you set boundaries"

Former Contractor - Technical Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Technical Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks around the office, fun company culture, lots of flexibility and responsibility. Excellent place to build experience and make a name for yourself. Open floorplan encourages collaboration.

Cons

Poor work life balance, off hour calls and remote support

Advice to Management

Asset turnover was hugely wasteful, better recycling and upcycling policies should be put into place and computational resources should be offloaded to dedicated rackmount hardware with remote clients instead of disparate notebooks for efficiency and secure management by IT.