AppDynamics - AppD (Cisco) Is an amazing company to work for! | Glassdoor
  1. AppD (Cisco) Is an amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Customer Success Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Culture & Perks: All the snacks you could ever dream of, weekly massages, company events- this place truly makes you feel valued as an employee. - Leadership at corporate and local levels that are invested in your success - Quick to promote within - Start up feel, with major corporate backing - A product that I'm comfortable putting my name behind

Cons

Lack of Diversity - But they're working on it Not always a "customer first" approach Customer Success Org needs work- but it's growing!

Advice to Management

We need more female leaders! Not just in management positions, but true leaders throughout the company.

AppDynamics Response

July 17, 2018Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to review AppDynamics. Great to hear you are enjoying all the perks of working here including unlimited snacks, weekly massages and company-wide events! You are valued and we appreciate all that you do. Diversity in the workplace is important and we’re ...

1. Brilliant work culture. Great team management with utmost transparency.

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

At the time of this writing, I am a relatively a new joiner (started 3 months back) and already having one of the best work experiences. I am always presented with challenges to take on to improve and learn. So if you are a go getter, this is a place to be. Being acquired by Cisco, we are in a great position to be a part of a giant company along with the startupy culture inherent to AppD.

Cons

Nothing that stands out so far in my short stint here.

Advice to Management

We still have a quota on number of vacation days an employee can take in a year. A lot of newer companies are coming up with open vacation time policy where in the number of days off are not limited and you can take days off as long as your line manager approves. So basically if you are getting your work done, amount of days off shouldn't matter.

2. Software Development Engineer

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's almost an year since I have joined AppD as a new grad. I chose AppD among several other promising offers. I never regretted my decision for a sec(Oh yeah sometimes, when I gain my weight because of delicious snacks we have at AppD). Things here move quickly even after Cisco's acquisition. As a monitoring product, AppD provides huge scope to stay updated with latest technology

Cons

1. Frequent reorgs 2. Higher management should keep more effort to retain existing employees

Discover more reviews about AppDynamics.