AppDynamics - The next Great Software Company that has a passion for attracting, retaining and enabling Great People. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics

"The next Great Software Company that has a passion for attracting, retaining and enabling Great People."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Throughout the company, Customer Satisfaction is the key driver and with the latest Net Promoter Score of 81 being a leading indicator that we are building a disruptive next generation of Business Software that solves complex problems for Applications in production within minutes. 15 Minutes to Value, Scalability and SAAS, On Prem or a hybrid way to consume the solution all make AD unique.

Cons

Not enough of the Market knows about us...YET! That is changing very quickly as word spreads that there is a new solution that solves complex problems for Applications in Production yet is easy to use, proven through a Freemium approach that allows Customers to try the solution before making their first purchase. The "Consumerization" of Business Software is the next wave that will cause IT to enable their business as they take advantage of the Cloud, Agile Development, SOA, Web 2.0 and the power of Big Data. SW that works out of the box so that problems in Production can be found in minutes versus days and weeks without heavy consulting, Product reconfiguration or overhead will soon become the norm.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on attracting, retaining and enabling Great people, building and innovating the best Products and keep focused on Customer Satisfaction

Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AppDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great people! Huge potential!

Cons

Sometimes too driven by sales opportunities

"One Of The Best Career Decisions I Have Made Yet"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for something new and exciting and I finally setteled with AppDynamics. They have filled those requirements and so much more. I was fairly new to the whole concept of APM before I was thrown into it and the excitement hasn't let up since day one. Even with a good run professionally with good teams, good projects, good pay, good people etc. AppDynamics has taken it all to another level. The company is loaded with smart, hard-working people and every piece of the company is dynamic and energetic. The cutlure is really fun and even in my not so long tenure have started to make not just good office relationships but even good friends there. (The external events such as paintball, dinners, happy hour, the zoo, etc don't hurt either.)

There is always something to learn, something to investigate, something to do. Its a great ride and I only see it staying that way.

Bottom line, this was a good career decision to come to AppDynamics and I am very happy to be there. I am learning a lot and also getting to be involved in many things in addition to my own job which keeps things interesting.

Cons

In full honestly, it was a bit overwhelming to start, but with the combination of being a new domain for myself and a slight change from my previous professional life this was probably due to my own lack of knowledge in the domain along with the growing pains of a start-up.

Sometimes the battles are long and even with that feeling of driving a problem to a successful conclusion, it can wear on you. This though would apply anywhere and isn't specific to AppDynamics.

Advice to Management

Do not let explosive growth prevent new ideas and recommendations from staff from ever seeing the light of day. Embrace the strengths of staff, even if those strengths are out of their area within the company.