AppDynamics - I thought I had an A game, but this company has helped me take it to a whole new level | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics

"I thought I had an A game, but this company has helped me take it to a whole new level"

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Challenge: once you're past the gruesomely challenging interview process, you're now considered a part of the family. This company will throw you into the deep end and expect you to sink or swim. You're given the opportunity to actually show your true strengths without bureaucratic red-tape holding you back. There never has been a day where I felt I wasn't being challenged to my fullest potential.

- IQ: the collective intelligence and experience of this company is nothing to take lightly. There is a powerhouse of industry experience, knowledge and IQ.

- Culture: this company does care about the employees. Just recently HR held a leaderboard of ideas for employees to suggest the benefits they would like to see. Of the top five, 4 of them were adopted and rolled out within a month. Employee benefits are not lip-service for recruiters to attract new prospects; they actually do take care of their work force.

- Food: best breakfasts and catered lunches. Bottomless supply of drinks, coffee, snacks and even meals for those days you want to grab a quick lunch at the office for yourself.

- Office: you can sit and work, stand and work, walk and work on the tread-desks, or throw your legs up and lounge in any of the "lounges" that are placed throughout the office.

- Massages: this speaks for itself

- Highly competitive salaries, stock options. No 401k matching, but you cannot expect that from a pre-IPO company at this stage.

Cons

- Working in downtown SF means paying lots of $$ for rent. Luckily the salary helps with that.
- No bonuses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics

"One place that you love to go to work so much that you will say THANK GOD ITS MONDAY every week."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely challenging environment.
    A true startup in terms of freedom of work and quickness in deliverabilities.
    A very high learning curve with abundance of opportunities.

Cons

Not many but is fast paced and some times long hours which makes it exciting to go to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and hope the atmosphere stays the same as the company grows.

"Great opportunity to work with smart and driven people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Viable product/industry
    - AppDynamics' market is ripe for innovation
    - Strong leadership
    - Employees are passionate about their work and care about the company and its products and each other
    - Individual contributors have opportunity to make significant impact and see the results

Cons

- Can be demanding
    - Lots of change
    - Driven personalities can often be competitive. This is both a pro and con in some aspects

Advice to Management

Continue to model the behavior you want to see in the culture