- 5.0Aug 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeMcLean, VA
Culture Pay Management Office Sales Enablement Tools
Brand Recognition Competitors Length of Sales Cycle Complexity of Product Market Share
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Senior Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
- Work life balance is really incredible for a product position - Engineering is a fun and accepting group to be so large - Interesting engineering challenges/growing pains to solve
- Some of the tech and product portfolio could be considered antiquated and boring depending on your background - There is definitely some middle-management dysfunction - Promotions and pay seem to be pretty slow to rise generally, so make sure you negotiate well up front2
- 5.0Nov 23, 2023ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMcLean, VA
I started at Appian in 2021 as my first role after college. This was a great opportunity to grow in Tech, since Appian invests a lot of resources in onboarding and training. After my first two engagements, I had opportunities for great client interactions and lead responsibilities, which are great for career development.
The compensation is slightly lower than other departments, even though I firmly believe consultants deliver just as much value-- not only in building projects that showcase the power of Appian, but also in serving as a feedback loop for engineering and all of the cross-functional interactions where consultants add value.