Appirio - Enjoy working with a lot of capable people | Glassdoor

"Enjoy working with a lot of capable people"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Just finished my 3rd year @ Appirio. Overall, it has been a very positive experience. I enjoy working with very dedicated and capable people. The projects are diverse so you can get a lot of exposure to a lot of different industries. Appirio is by far the most transparent company that I have every worked for which is refreshing. The CEO will address any question that is raised head on and tell you what they are doing about it, even if the question is not quite appropriate for the forum. Appirio has had a fair amount of turnover recently but I think things are stabilizing now. Of the people I know that left, most were because there were other opportunities to be involved at startup orgs, not because the culture at Appirio was bad (my experience only).

Cons

The Wipro acquisition has been a bit of an unknown. Unfortunately, many of the experiences I have had with Wipro within Appirio reflect the "low cost, squeeze-prices-down" mentality that Wipro is known for which is not why I came to (and stay at) Appirio. I am holding my breath that they keep Appirio separate from Wipro as they have and let us do our thing in peace.

Advice to Management

The only way that you will keep the best and the brightest at Appirio is to keep the bean-counting Wipro folks at bay. If they are unleashed on the org many (including myself) are just primed to head for the doors.

Appirio2018-11-09
  1. "Great Company Culture ...yes STILL"

Current Employee - Manager, Consulting in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time remote work Work/life balance (flexible schedule, And I only work over time if I really want to) Learning culture Friendly employees that collaborate, not compete Competitive Salary with annual merit/promo cycle Wipro acquisition created tons of pipeline & opportunity that didn’t exist previously, has provided strategic client partnerships Room for career growth GREAT on boarding experience-I’ve heard they’ve not been great in the past but as of Oct 2019 they have figured it out Develop consulting skills (and get SF certs) that are translatable industry wide Work on creative projects and then get to move on (I.e. you don’t get stuck for years) Leadership is approachable & receptive to feedback

Cons

Lots of employees who were around pre-acquisition complain about systems. There’s some annoyances but they’re not any worse (and are often better still) than other places I’ve worked

Advice to Management

Stop doing the anonymous Q&A in a public forum. Make it private. Best of intentions, but you’re basically asking to be “twitter trolled” Stop telling people the culture is getting better. It’s great, let it speak for itself. The vast majority of Appirians weren’t even around for the old, pre-acquisition culture.

Appirio2019-11-07
  2. "Acquisition ruined culture and growth potential."

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture was, keywork was, awesome.

Cons

The acquisition had a huge corporate culture mismatch, so many of us felt that there was no longer a chance for any career growth. Wipro heavily favors underpaying newer resources rather than rewarding experience.

Appirio2019-12-01

Discover more reviews about Appirio.