Appirio - Changes recently | Glassdoor

"Changes recently"

I have been working at Appirio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company culture has been great in the 5+ years I've been here. At the individual worker level, everyone is great. Willing to jump in and help at a moment's notice. Great Collaboration!

Cons

After the Wipro acquisition, the types of engagements we've seen in the various practices have definitely changed. Scoping has always been an issue, and seems to have gotten worse. We've seen a large exodus in consultants in recent months causing the remaining staff to try to step up and become more overloaded. The benefits since the acquisition have gone up in cost and down in availability of Providers and covered needed.

Advice to Management

Tighten up the Sales process so that your delivery teams are not left with attempting to do 100 hours worth of effort into a project that was promised in 60. Be willing to work keep talented people even if it means making larger than historical salary increases.

Appirio2018-11-15
  1. "Great Company Culture ...yes STILL"

Current Employee - Manager, Consulting in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time remote work Work/life balance (flexible schedule, And I only work over time if I really want to) Learning culture Friendly employees that collaborate, not compete Competitive Salary with annual merit/promo cycle Wipro acquisition created tons of pipeline & opportunity that didn’t exist previously, has provided strategic client partnerships Room for career growth GREAT on boarding experience-I’ve heard they’ve not been great in the past but as of Oct 2019 they have figured it out Develop consulting skills (and get SF certs) that are translatable industry wide Work on creative projects and then get to move on (I.e. you don’t get stuck for years) Leadership is approachable & receptive to feedback

Cons

Lots of employees who were around pre-acquisition complain about systems. There’s some annoyances but they’re not any worse (and are often better still) than other places I’ve worked

Advice to Management

Stop doing the anonymous Q&A in a public forum. Make it private. Best of intentions, but you’re basically asking to be “twitter trolled” Stop telling people the culture is getting better. It’s great, let it speak for itself. The vast majority of Appirians weren’t even around for the old, pre-acquisition culture.

Appirio2019-11-07
  2. "Acquisition ruined culture and growth potential."

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture was, keywork was, awesome.

Cons

The acquisition had a huge corporate culture mismatch, so many of us felt that there was no longer a chance for any career growth. Wipro heavily favors underpaying newer resources rather than rewarding experience.

Appirio2019-12-01

Discover more reviews about Appirio.