Appirio - Acquisition ruined culture and growth potential. | Glassdoor
  1. "Acquisition ruined culture and growth potential."

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at Appirio full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture was, keywork was, awesome.

Cons

The acquisition had a huge corporate culture mismatch, so many of us felt that there was no longer a chance for any career growth. Wipro heavily favors underpaying newer resources rather than rewarding experience.

Appirio2019-12-01
  1. "Great Company Culture ...yes STILL"

Current Employee - Manager, Consulting in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full time remote work Work/life balance (flexible schedule, And I only work over time if I really want to) Learning culture Friendly employees that collaborate, not compete Competitive Salary with annual merit/promo cycle Wipro acquisition created tons of pipeline & opportunity that didn’t exist previously, has provided strategic client partnerships Room for career growth GREAT on boarding experience-I’ve heard they’ve not been great in the past but as of Oct 2019 they have figured it out Develop consulting skills (and get SF certs) that are translatable industry wide Work on creative projects and then get to move on (I.e. you don’t get stuck for years) Leadership is approachable & receptive to feedback

Cons

Lots of employees who were around pre-acquisition complain about systems. There’s some annoyances but they’re not any worse (and are often better still) than other places I’ve worked

Continue reading
    Appirio2019-11-07
  2. "Interesting work, collaborative culture, lots of talent"

Current Employee - Project Lead

I have been working at Appirio full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of senior consultants and thought leadership. -Collaborative culture and lots of nice, down-to-earth people. - People put a lot of thought and time into the work and seem to genuinely care about delivering value to the customer. - The work output to the customer is a very collaborative effort and seems to be at every stage of the customer engagement from digital strategy consulting to architecture/development to managing/maintaining SFDC solutions. - I'm on month 3 and my second project and I have not noticed any internal bureaucracy, which is really nice and somewhat uncommon. - Lots of positive energy and encouragement going around. - Company-wide emphasis on skilling up, learning new technology or gaining knowledge of new SFDC products/offerings. - Interesting work and impressive pipeline of business. - Remote work is amazing and surprisingly efficient.

Cons

Due to the collaborative nature of the work and urgency to deliver on time, once a project gets going, work has to be prioritized over all else. It can be tricky to find time in the day to do work between or outside of calls which are frequent and ongoing-- a necessary function of the work. Not necessary a con but something to be aware of. - Migration to Wipro systems seems to be challenging and imposing burdens/ process in all the areas that don't directly translate to delivering value to the customer (payroll, resource management, document management, knowledge management, etc). That said, this seems to have improved a lot in the past year from what I'm hearing.

Appirio2020-02-04

Discover more reviews about Appirio.