Appirio - Fun, collaborative environment | Glassdoor

"Fun, collaborative environment"

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big focus on having fun 8 out of 10 days, highly collaborative environment, very intelligent coworkers. Flexible work location is also a huge plus.

Cons

No tuition reimbursement program...seems to not be much of a priority for HR or senior management.

Other Employee Reviews for Appirio

"The Change Enablement practice is very poor"

Pros

The culture of Appirio is good. Many of them are young / early in their careers.

Cons

The Change Enablement practice is poor. It's leadership consists mainly of people from the HR / Recruiting space. They don't have any formal consulting experience, (such as strategy or Big 4 consulting experience). I get the impression that they are looking to "save face" or impress their higher ups, as opposed to adding value for their clients. With that said, you get the impression that they don't have much experience "being on the line" and having lots of client delivery and implementation experience.

Many of the consultants are also mostly HR professionals, so I found that much of the consulting work was diluted.

While I was there, they also restructured the practice without providing a strong case for change. Lastly, many consultants left within a span of several (3) months. In my estimation, the turnover seemed to be at or above 40%.

Advice to Management

This practice is poor because the leadership is poor. Change management has done extremely well at a lot of other management and technology consultancies. I think it would be worthwhile to look into this to better examine why.

Appirio Response

Jun 23, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Please email me at jbarker@appirio.com if you would be open to speaking with Brianne Thomas who is the HR Partner for the Change team to share more feedback as a former team member as we always... More

2. "Best company I've ever worked for. They are transparent and open about anything you want to know."

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Appirio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work from home and travel. Everyone is super smart and has a great story to tell. You won't find an uninteresting person in the bunch.

Cons

As with any consulting job, if you don't like to travel and you don't like doing new things and being challenged all the time - this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Onward! Oh and more bobble heads!