Apple - Hope you drink the cool aid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Hope you drink the cool aid"

Current Employee - Specialist in Thornton, CO
Current Employee - Specialist in Thornton, CO

Pros

Apple is one of the most innovative companies in the world. Being part of it is fun and interesting. Every day I learn something new and amazing about mac computers and devices. Full time benifits are great.

Cons

You have to completely buy into to the "Apple Speak" if you want to move up in the company. They say we are not a numbers driven company, but when it comes to promotions and pay raises you are partially based on those numbers. Also if you don't hit the numbers you get hassled about how you can position it better. Also to move up, they expect you to take on much more responsibility with out pay bumps or promotions. For example a sales specialist will be expected to order things for the break room. Incoming specialist get paid around $11 an hour with out commission. in a 6 month period I alone brought in $250,000 to the company. At a 1% commission that's $2,500! Plenty of people hit $1 million for the year!

Advice to Management

I was up for a promotion to an FRS position, I was by far the most qualified. The manager told me that "You haven't paid the price of admission." After being with the company for a year, pulling long hours doing overnights and launches, I haven't paid the price of admission? All because I am not going to grand stand my accomplishments, and because I am not willing to sell One To One to people who don't need it. We are supposed to be thinking about our customers, but the managers at my store only have the numbers on their mind.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"Very competitive, keeps you on your toes."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Cupertino, CA

Pros

The caliber of most my co-workers is exceptional.

Cons

Not sure what to put as a negative.

Advice to Management

To much internal competitiveness distracts us from competing with our real business competitors.

"Good For Tech Support I Guess"

Current Employee - Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ

Pros

I can't complain about the benifits or the pay. Also other people think it's cool. Working at home is nice. Customers are very nice compared to other call centers. Lots of perks.

Cons

It's still a phone tech support job and that is still awful even at Apple. In fact it might be worse because management does not have your back and is often reactionary to minor statistical fluctuations that don't persist over a day or so. Management often seems unfamiliar with the process of how we do our job and is a source of misinformation.

Advice to Management

Here is how statistics work: If you average a 14 minute hold time over several months, one day of having a 15 minute hold time on the first of the month does not mean that you suck now. At least wait a few days to see if the trend holds up. Also do research before giving bad solutions.