Apple - It's a great place to work, but hard to advance to career positions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"It's a great place to work, but hard to advance to career positions."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, OH

Pros

I know I'm lucky to say I truly enjoy my job. The work is fun. It's great, because we're always busy, which means there no boring lulls. Customers can sometimes be "needy", but the majority are great. Management keeps things fun.

Cons

It's hard to advance in the store, but thats a compliment (in a way) to Apple (for choosing good employees).

Advice to Management

It really brings down employee morale when external candidates are chosen for promotions, over employees who have put in a decent amount of time and deserve a promotion.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "best experience ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Apple is THE greatest company, great benefits and awesome pay, very good way to treat their employee, always try to get the best of you while working with them

Cons

i really cannot think of any disadvantage of working for apple, they simply appreciate good work and good employees. AWESOME.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing... because its AWESOME.

2. "Love Apple to death, but promotions are unfairly dealt with."

Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

Apple is Apple. Working there and garnering your blue tee shirt is enough to make anyone jealous. It is extremely hard to get a job here, but once you're in, it's the best.

Cons

Apple is Apple, but retail is not exactly what you'd think. You're either literally offered promotions, or you're not. You can work as hard as you can, and magically, people with lesser experience will be promoted before you. If you can be among the magically promoted few, all the more power to you. If you're not, you will definitely know.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to take experience and overall knowledge into account when deciding promotions and hires. There is not a process for promoting from within. I have been at Apple for two years, and I have not seen a clear way to be seen by management as someone worth promoting.