Apple - A company that cares about its people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"A company that cares about its people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Incredibly friendly and helpful community. Apple cares more about its people than its products, and you can tell that when you work there.

Cons

There is really nothing bad that I can say about Apple. I only ever worked part-time at Apple and loved every minute of it. If you can deal with angry customers, you'll be fine.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"A menial job that is perfect for those who are quick to drink the "Kool Aid". Looks good on one resume though."

Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Allentown, PA

Pros

-Apple (corporate) is "hands down" the most innovative and intelligent IT company in the world.
    -Looks great on the resume (have to not include the retail part.)
    -Decent product discount on computers and ipods (no iphone)
    -health care after 1 year of part time service.
    -cool to talk about technology all day and get paid.
    -great college job

Cons

-Low pay
    -low respect
    -Depressingly dead end
    -There is a perpetuated story that retail employees will have chances to move to corporate, this is pure fiction.

-Full of "failed to launch" art school alumni
    -It is easier for unexperienced outsiders to be put into management positions than current employees.

-the GAP-ple retail joke is true

Advice to Management

Allow the ground troops to move within the company. There is a lot of genuine talent in retail, but it all leaves when better jobs come around. Low pay really exacerbates this.

-To Stop the leaks at the bottom, allow upward expansion.

"The best ever"

Current Employee - Treasury Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Treasury Accountant in Austin, TX

Pros

I've been with Apple for 27+ years now, and I've seen them go thru a lot of changes. Apple cares about their employees like I have never heard of any other company. Fighting Cancer and can't come to work. Then they brought the work home to them. Have bad eye sight then they got him a much larger screen with big lettering. Want a degree Apple will help you and allow you to meet the needs of your schedule. I have always had great managers who would always be there for me if I needed help. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

The only thing I could say in this department would be that sometimes the communacation isn't there all the time. When working on something new you need to look at the trail all the way to the end to see who it all effects.

Advice to Management

Same as above. Sometimes when a new project or system is being worked on make sure that you follow the trail for all that it will involved.