Apple - Interesting experience, but only for short period of time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Interesting experience, but only for short period of time."

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Looks good on resume, some learning possible.

Cons

A lot of work, low pay, very hard to be promoted, too much brain washing...

Advice to Management

Pay people more and be more real

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Enriching Lives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Pros

The atmosphere in the store is unlike any other. Not only that, but the amazing collection of personalities, minds and atitudes that make up the Apple family make it impossible to enjoy yourself while working. Putting smiles on a persons face after showing them something new is just an amazing feeling. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cons

The only downside of working at Apple is the fact that I have to go home at the end of the day. I honestly love this company.

Advice to Management

The management team at Apple are the most supportive I've ever had the pleasure working with. At previous jobs, I always felt somewhat daunted when approaching management. I used to feel that managers didn't care about me. But my sentiments have changed. At this company, the management team feels almost like the advisory feeling you would get from a grandparent. They're calm, understanding and caring. If every company operated at a fraction of the way Apple does then the world would be a different place.

"Great company, but thinking different discouraged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

To a large extent, Apple is amazing. I was within the tech support call center management, and both my employees and my coworkers were brilliant and amazing. The "bosses" tend to also be great people, with an occasional (albeit notable) exception. They do respect work/life balance, and there's a hefty program for development in terms of you career within the company. On the corporate side, there's also intangible benefits like "casual attire" (namely, don't come to work naked), monthly parties (with and without alcohol), an on-site gym, etc.

Cons

The biggest problem I found was that the dedication to secrecy that Apple is known for is disseminated down to the lowest positions. There were multiple times were we weren't given enough information to adequately prepare for our jobs, or prepare for product releases. I also found that if you wanted to give feedback to decision-makers, your feedback was generally treated like you were a cute child, with a head-pat as they sent you along your way. Sometimes it felt like Apple was torn between wanting to reinvent the wheel every time a new decision came up, and going with a super-corporate, super-strict method that works in other companies, but not with the type of person that Apple has historically hired.

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice to management would be to not only solicit feedback from employees, but actually listen to it. Even if it costs a bit more money to implement the feedback, the benefit of happy employees will vastly increase their productivity, and decrease the turnover. In short, don't just pay lip service to employee feedback. Also, when making decisions that fundamentally alter peoples' lives, whether it be their day-to-day lives (such as their work schedule), or their lives as a whole (changing benefits, etc.), give people plenty of advanced warning. At least two months is needed for even fairly minor day-to-day life changes.