Apple - Apple great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Apple great place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Products are great and innovative.

Cons

Location outside of the bay area

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

"Mostly good Apples in this barrel."

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Austin, TX

Pros

Killer benefits package. Reasonably priced, on-site food (Cafe Mac). Employee discount. Awesome corporate culture (quarterly beer bashes, no issues with visible tattoos/piercings, non-existent dress code, okay to be an individual and not a business-casual drone. Occasional opportunity to do something incredible that can change the world. GLBTQ-friendly. Many options to work-from-home/telecommute.

Cons

Long hours expected. Never worked this hard at a job in my life. Rapid turnover rate with management means it's hard to develop a mentoring-type relationship with a manager who helps you develop your career. I've had 5 managers in less than 2 years, and each time I work under a new one, I have to go through the whole learning curve of proving my worth and learning their style, all over again. Corporate culture also is big on secrecy, sometimes to the point of paranoia.

Advice to Management

'86 the micromanagement and really listen to the voices in the trenches.

2. "Apple is the best employer"

Current Employee - Mac Specialist in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist in Cupertino, CA

Pros

They give me great benefits and paid vacation. i have a strong relationsihp with my team and i very much enjoy going to work because of the environment i work in. It may be a huge company but it is easy for employees to connect with each other. I also get a discount on all the products and i was also given the 8gb iphone. The company makes me feel like i am a huge contributor to the company.

Cons

my manager can be very indirect and unforgiving. It is advised that you do not make any silly mistakes or your ass is on the line.

Advice to Management

have direct communication with all employees