Apple - Loved the company, wished for better balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Loved the company, wished for better balance"

Former Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Engineer in Cupertino, CA

Pros

Just being able to say that I worked at Apple was pretty cool. Work was interesting and challenging. Didn't really have time to take a breath between projects. I liked the feeling of achieving some pretty hefty goals in a heroic time frame. Great sense of accomplishment. Good to see things that I have worked on be successful in the marketplace.

Cons

Biggest challenge was balancing work and home life. The pace of the company is better suited to people in the early part of their career. As someone who now has a young family, career has taken a back seat. Unfortunately, I couldn't balance my changing priorities with my job. I would love to be back at Apple, but I cherish being able to have dinner with my kids every night.

Advice to Management

I still love Apple. Just wished there was a better way to have a balanced life and work at this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Enjoyable"

Current Employee - Specialist in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Specialist in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Kind Co-workers in a pleasant, if somewhat hectic atmosphere.

Cons

It's take a long time and a lot of work to advance.

Advice to Management

Idk. Keep up the good work.

"Employees are expendable -- get a few years of experience and move on to something better with Apple name on your resume"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Pros

The place is loosely managed and you may have an opportunity to work on significant project by fluke. You could gain considerable amount of experience because of that.

Cons

The place is chaotic. (probably true for any consumer electronic company)
    Everyone is an individual contributor essentially, so most of the time, your managers don't have good understanding of what/how you're doing. The promotion is very difficult to come by.
    Internal politics are quite ugly. HR can't help you at all.

Advice to Management

No point of giving any advice as you haven't listened to employees' voice and probably nothing will change.